Music On Twitch Livestream

Qazplm

The Q in YTtalq
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section since Twitch is separate from Youtube, but is music allowed in a Twitch livestream? I'm planning on singing a parody that I made of Applause by Lady Gaga while I'm playing the song in Osu! in a livestream but I don't want to end up getting in trouble. ._.

DarionJ

Such title. Much creative. Wow.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I am not very knowledgeable on it, but i am pretty sure Twitch only takes action when the copyright holders contacts Twitch about it.

PressRecord

Daily Vlogs on a Daily Basis!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have friends who stream with music on the regular. I don't know if it is allowed or not but they seem to be getting by just find with it.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
For that 1 you might have to check with Twitch, the thing is, cause it's a stream, it's not usually available to access later unless you set it to archive. I remember Minx mentioning that she could sing on Twitch without worrying about copyrights. So I'm guessing Twitch don't mind but you can double check their terms. The only time I've heard of people getting taken down is if they stream games during embargoes. I've also never really heard of any devs against Twitch. My guess is that they would have to catch you during the stream xD

Qazplm

The Q in YTtalq
Reaction score
Okay, thanks, so I guess the answer is a long as I don't get caught.