Music in YouTube videos

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got lots of feedback on my channel, which I am very thankful for. Something that most everyone had in common was suggesting that I use music in my videos, which I was skeptical about. I did lots of research and found that the YouTube audio library was my best bet.

I just uploaded my first video with music today, which feels great, but I still have a couple of concerns.

The songs in the YouTube audio library are considered "uncopyrighted" or "royalty-free," does this mean they will ALWAYS be uncopyrighted and free to use? It seems inconvenient to check the legal status of the same song everytime I use it. Also, if a song were to be copyrighted, I would have to comply to the copyright with all my old videos? I'm planning on using the same song in all of my videos.

Thanks for reading and any feedback is much appreciated.

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Honestly, don't use YT's music library. You can use sites like teknoaxe, so on. Lot better music. Or just search for royalty free music.

And yes, the song's will always be royalty free if they're from YT's library. Teknoaxe is also entirely free to use and includes statements with every download that their music entirely free to use.

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Honestly, don't use YT's music library. You can use sites like teknoaxe, so on. Lot better music. Or just search for royalty free music.
But is YouTube's music safe from getting copyrighted in the future or is it not guaranteed? I'm not too concerned about the actual song, moreso my safety:)

Oshi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, I wasn't able to reply to your message as I don't have 50 posts. But usually when they say royalty free they will usually stay like that which means you don't have to worry about copyright.

Reactions: darksmokeyt

Weebster

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Haven't checked YT library in a long time, but as I remember some of the songs said that you have to include author of the song in your video description. As for songs I really recommend Epidemic Sound they have really good selection of good songs in any genre of music. The only downside is: it's a monthly subscription so you have to pay, but they do have tiers. You get same access to songs in every tier, the only difference is amount of views your videos can have monthly with their songs.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The song's will always be royalty free so dont you worry about that dude:) Great that you started to use music on your videos:up2: I use music for most of my videos too (the same music by the way) I think it ads a LOT to a video using some background music

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
All the youtube stuff in the creator studio is free to use but some have to include attribution. Separately, am i right in thinking be careful about music promoted as being free to use elsewhere? I found for example a youtube video titled Best Copyright Free Music YouTubers Use (Top 10 Royalty Free Songs Of 2016)and found some tracks on there I liked. But if you read the small print it says free to use on youtube but NOT for commercial or for brands. Surely if you make a channel with banner and logo and name thats a brand? And they know you use the track because you enter the text (credit) they require on description that I am sure they can search for to track you down. Don't wanna be in a position where your YT vid have gained some momentum only to have to take down, or worse get a bill for the no. of times its been played from the owner of the song. I'm re-rendering a video now having just taken out a track that i wasn't sure about. I tried to contact the owners nosopyrightsounds but they won't reply to say if i can use their track on my channel vid. or to clarify if they would consider me a Brand. Maybe someone with some more nohow can comment. Or suggest somewhere where you can buy tracks for commercial use?