Music in videos..

YoungPranksters

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
How does it Work with music in our videos? I mean with copyright and all, how do we know which songs we can use and not?

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Well you can buy royalty free music.. also YouTube offers music you can use...In the creator studio click on create and there is an Audio Library of songs that are free to use. Or if you have a friend who is musically inclined perhaps they will compose you some original music.

Reactions: AlexGotBeats

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Its simple. Whats not made by you is not allowed to use. If you wanna use something thats not yours you need a license/permission to use from who owns the material. Just like the smartass (@JohnKenShow) above me said :D you can either find yourself some royalty free music if you search around on the internet or use what YouTube has or you can look around for producers who sell their beats like me.

Madeline

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can use songs that are marked as "creative commons music" or "royalty free music" (for example: bensound.com or joshwoodward.com). These song writers usually require that you add their link in the description bar of the video that contains them. Or, as @JohnKenShow mentioned, you can use the audio library on youtube, they actually have some really nice songs & sound effects too.

Reactions: JohnKenShow

xsmashx88x

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
most big networks have a deal with audiomicro if your network does not you can get music here

youtube.com/user/MonstercatMedia
youtube.com/channel/UC2sf-LfF9-vkmXCxH4QLOTA
youtube.com/user/ByeByeCopyright
youtube.com/channel/UCm3DzK6I4_agMjyDUz3D9Gw

there is alot more out on youtube, and yes i have used music from all as your allowed to and have not got a match or anything

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
You can use songs that are marked as "creative commons music" or "royalty free music" (for example: bensound.com or joshwoodward.com). These song writers usually require that you add their link in the description bar of the video that contains them. Or, as @JohnKenShow mentioned, you can use the audio library on youtube, they actually have some really nice songs & sound effects too.
I am honored you mentioned me lol