Multiple Content Topics on One Channel

Hey guys! Sorry if this has been discussed before, I kept trying to find this topic covered but my search terms never came up with anything...

Our channel is Photog Adventures. All of our content has been about Landscape Photography and especially Astrophotography.

Recently, I started up Astro Photog to go along with our Photog Adventures videos. So far keeping it ON the Photog Adventures channel as a playlist instead of splitting it up for its own channel since it covers a topic we already were covering in Astrophotography.

We are about to release "Macro Photog" too and I am wondering...should we separate these now?

I love the idea of keeping these all on our ONE channel because that will mean more eyes on our content and provide more videos throughout the week. But is it going to backfire with people not subscribing because they came for the Macro content but a subscription to the channel is a subscription to the Landscape and Astrophotography stuff too?

How do you guys handle different content topics?

Thanks!

Some people feel like a channel is devoted to one thing, so they'll feel like another channel is necessary. That's usually only because they were too specific in their initial creation and their fanbase didn't want more than that.

Here's my actual answer to your question: You're good to go.

If you think about it; Photog Adventures could be you guys' adventures with photography. This includes any experimental work you might want to try or any artistic style you want to explore.

Let yourself be free.

Right on, we feel that way too which is why the other content felt natural to us. But we started thinking about the subs and potential drawback to subbing, but I think you are right. I think people will see it that way too.

When we do a tutorial video on processing we don't change the channel name to Photog Tutorials just because we aren't out there on an adventure like our typical videos...

Cool! Thanks for the feedback!

I think you should stick to one channel which is all about photgraphy, an adventure or not, seperated in multiple playlists.

In my opinion sticking to one channel is a lot better then having multiple channels. Because you won't be able to give two channels the same attention and time as one. Plus your fans will be able to come back for a bigger variety of content and more frequent uploads. =]

I think one channel is enough.
Different videos could be a sign of creativity. In best case the people will like the new videos and if not, they can still watch the stuff they subscribed for. That's at least what I would do as subscriber.

Back