"MrBeast" buys ad space on billboards to help keep PewdiePie number 1

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
YouTuber PewDiePie, as has long been predicted, will lose his spot as the platform’s most-subscribed-to creator within the next couple of days, when Bollywood record label T-Series overtakes him. But one PewDiePie fan is not letting him go down without a fight: Jimmy Donaldson, aka ‘MrBeast,’ who purchased space on every billboard in his town to promote PewDiePie’s YouTube channel and keep him No. 1.

“Calling all bros!” reads one of the billboards he bought. “You can save YouTube. Subscribe to PewDiePie. Unsubscribe from T-Series.”

In addition to buying the billboards, he plastered PewDiePie’s face on trucks, did local radio interviews, wandered around his town telling people to subscribe, put up flyers, bought banner ads on websites, and bought TV ads, radio ads, and bathroom ads.

For the full story: https://www.tubefilter.com/2018/10/29/pewdiepie-billboards-entire-town-mrbeast/

Video:

_____

The cynic in me says MrBeast has done it as a publicity for his own channel. I mean, basically every single PewDiePie "bro" is going to hear about this, think it's amazing and then sub to MrBeast and watch some of his vids. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Even if he did it to help his own channel it’s still a cool thing he did, mr beast could of promoted his own channel instead but he didn’t.

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i mean it's definitely for publicity, arguably any person building a following is doing things for publicity. this dude is undoubtedly hilarious and generally a good dude if you watch his other videos, it's just for a laugh m8s, this isn't some near and dear cause to his heart

Reactions: Nicekid76

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
@Madiisuun - True, just I guess sometime I forget that Mr Beast has so much money that he like to throw around like it's nothing. lol.
Lol did you catch that bit about it being strange giving someone only $10 since he usually gives away $10,000

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think Mr Beast is great. I have been following him for some time now. Everything he does of course has his own interests also at heart.
I have seen him give away hundreds of thousands of dollars. Mostly his own money but also a lot of sponsorship money too.
I believe he is a genuine fan of Pewdiepie but also wants his bro's to follow him too. I think if you like Pewdiepie you will most probably like Mr Beast.

Reactions: evoloz

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Seems i am the only one here prefering bollywood!? :D :p

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mr Beast made the best out of the situation. It's goodness through and through.

Poisonous Penguin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is ridiculous as he is spreading hate telling people to unsubscribe from T-series. How would you feel if people advertised to unsubscribe from your YouTube channel?

YouTuber PewDiePie, as has long been predicted, will lose his spot as the platform’s most-subscribed-to creator within the next couple of days, when Bollywood record label T-Series overtakes him. But one PewDiePie fan is not letting him go down without a fight: Jimmy Donaldson, aka ‘MrBeast,’ who purchased space on every billboard in his town to promote PewDiePie’s YouTube channel and keep him No. 1.

“Calling all bros!” reads one of the billboards he bought. “You can save YouTube. Subscribe to PewDiePie. Unsubscribe from T-Series.”

In addition to buying the billboards, he plastered PewDiePie’s face on trucks, did local radio interviews, wandered around his town telling people to subscribe, put up flyers, bought banner ads on websites, and bought TV ads, radio ads, and bathroom ads.

For the full story:

Video:

_____

The cynic in me says MrBeast has done it as a publicity for his own channel. I mean, basically every single PewDiePie "bro" is going to hear about this, think it's amazing and then sub to MrBeast and watch some of his vids. Thoughts?