Mr Bean gets his Diamond play button

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It’s gotta be hard for even a celeb to make it to 10 mil. Much easier to search for the name than it is to subscribe

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you are a celebrity you can tap into an easy money source by having a YouTube channel. Mr bean's 10 million is based on his previously gotten fame. Same goes for all other celebrities out there starting channels. Don't for a second think they do it for the fans. It's just another acting gig for them.

Am I salty? Nope. I would have done the exact same. You use your attributes to make it in life. A few extra G's a month by having a YouTube channel? Yes please.

Reactions: markkaz and Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If you are a celebrity you can tap into an easy money source by having a YouTube channel. Mr bean's 10 million is based on his previously gotten fame. Same goes for all other celebrities out there starting channels. Don't for a second think they do it for the fans. It's just another acting gig for them.
Yeah, that is sort of my opinion about it too. I don't begrudge his success. I'm a big fan of Rowan Atkinson and I know how hard he works but I just don't consider him as a "Youtuber" in the traditional sense. I mean, he hasn't bought a webcam and mic and started filming by himself and I'm pretty sure he doesn't do the editing or spend time replying to comments or tweets. The "Mr Bean" TV show has a huge budget and a huge production team behind it. 10 million subs is a fantastic achievement but not as impressive as a pure "YouTuber" (who was unknown before) getting 10 million subs.

Reactions: markkaz