Moving Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Hey guys, as some of you are aware the server has been down every so often as of late and I have been working with our host to come to a conclusion, our server is in need of an upgrade to the latest versions and will mean I have to migrate our data at some point today or over the weekend.

The site may end up down temporarily until the migration is complete as we have to move to a newer server with a newer OS and control panel system.

I will close the site on this server once everything is being moved onto the new server and you may temporarily see the site on the old server. You will all be aware when this is happening as I will have a forum closed message showing and the transition should go as smooth as possible.

Right now I am waiting on our host to set the new server up for us, hopefully they wont take too long :)

Thank you.

Well seeing YTtalk having all of those problems yesterday, I can't blame ya. I would hate this place being closed down, even temporarily but it's for the best so we have to just keep ourselves occupied until the shift is done. Does the shift mean that we will have different features on the 'new' website, once done? If so, that'll be a sight to see and I would love to check that out. Yeah I hope that it gets around as fast as possible as well. Thank you for the fast maintaining of the website, sir and for keeping us updated on all of these matters. Thank you, good sir! :)

Well seeing YTtalk having all of those problems yesterday, I can't blame ya. I would hate this place being closed down, even temporarily but it's for the best so we have to just keep ourselves occupied until the shift is done. Does the shift mean that we will have different features on the 'new' website, once done? If so, that'll be a sight to see and I would love to check that out. Yeah I hope that it gets around as fast as possible as well. Thank you for the fast maintaining of the website, sir and for keeping us updated on all of these matters. Thank you, good sir! :)

Oh YTtalk will never be permanently closed, if the moving to an upgraded and more up to date server doesnt help we will have to upgrade again. The website will look and function exactly the same and more than likely I will be able to re-enable the features we have been missing for the past day, theres only a few currently switched off to help with things but to be honest theres not much I can do as its the server itself thats been the main cause of the issues.

It should take very long at all and I will keep you all updated during the migration :)

Oh YTtalk will never be permanently closed, if the moving to an upgraded and more up to date server doesnt help we will have to upgrade again. The website will look and function exactly the same and more than likely I will be able to re-enable the features we have been missing for the past day, theres only a few currently switched off to help with things but to be honest theres not much I can do as its the server itself thats been the main cause of the issues.

It should take very long at all and I will keep you all updated during the migration :)

Oh I see well that's really good to hear then! Thank you boss! :D

Oh I see well that's really good to hear then! Thank you boss! :D

No problem :) It might be much sooner than I previously thought but you will be updated and make sure to check our FB page at facebook.com/YouTubeForums if things go down temporarily :)

No problem :) It might be much sooner than I previously thought but you will be updated and make sure to check our FB page at facebook.com/YouTubeForums if things go down temporarily :)

Oh that'll be brilliant if that's the case. All right, I have jotted the page link down. I'll join the YTtalk page on Facebook when I get on-line there, thanks for the heads up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back