Moving Away From Vlogs to Story Content - HELP!

ShawnMcCallum

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Guys!

So I've decided to move away from vlogs, I made them mostly to force myself to create and because it was the easy thing to do myself. I really like my vlogs but since no one knows who I am, no one seems to care.

I want to focus more on story content, comedy and shorts. It's why I wanted to start making videos in the first place but they're harder to produce and I still don't know how to reach that audience.

I'm wondering if you guys could take a look at my channel. My latest two videos are only 2 minutes each. (The silliest car commercial, and a more serious short about putting your phone down and being present).

Please let me know what you think, and if you see potential for that kind of content growing the channel. What could I do or focus on to increase exposure?

Really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks!

-Shawn

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Masters

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the review / feedback forum. :)

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I thought your Porsche Commercial was very well written, with fantastic cinematography! It looks like you had a bit of momentum on Reddit too with it. It's definitely a good style for you. I would keep at it. I just broke through 100 subs myself, and I think, if we want to serve a niche audience doing content we love, than it's a long game, where each sub is earned. Although, I've thought it might do me well to attack a trending topic every so often to get a boost (as long as the content is viral potential) but I ultimately want to control the programming, so I realize that it might take time to build the trust with my real tribe!

ShawnMcCallum

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks so much Michael. I feel exactly the same way. I don't want to attack a trend just to put it out there, but I have thought about it to drive exposure up. I want to control programming but I also want eyes on my work. By the way your channels got this unique old school vibe, it's pretty out there but it seems fun. Keep it up. Cool intro too by the way.

Reactions: Michael Masters

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Thanks so much Michael. I feel exactly the same way. I don't want to attack a trend just to put it out there, but I have thought about it to drive exposure up. I want to control programming but I also want eyes on my work. By the way your channels got this unique old school vibe, it's pretty out there but it seems fun. Keep it up. Cool intro too by the way.
Haha. Thanks for the compliment. Here’s to our growth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShawnMcCallum