Movie Trailers and COPYRIGHT

I just started my channel and I'm wondering what the deal is with copyright and Movie Trailers. It's clear that some channels actually are making money off movie trailers. So what is the copyright deal here? Can people actually earn money off movie trailers? Or no?

That's what I was thinking but there are channels that actually are earning money, in some cases huge money with mostly just movie trailers.

Last edited:
I think these are actual companies who pay for rights to the trailers and have contracts with Youtube. Because people expect to find movie trailers on Youtube, so they need at least some channels/companies on the site to provide this service.

That's what I was thinking but there are channels that actually are earning money, in some cases huge money with mostly just movie trailers.

And you know this how exactly?

Or rather, how do you know that they are receiving the income and that the the videos haven’t been automatically claimed via Content ID and that all income earned isn’t going straight to the movie companies and those who actually own the rights?

Back