Movie Trailers and COPYRIGHT

PopcornMoviesMedia

Reaction score
I just started my channel and I'm wondering what the deal is with copyright and Movie Trailers. It's clear that some channels actually are making money off movie trailers. So what is the copyright deal here? Can people actually earn money off movie trailers? Or no?

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
You would be very unlikely to get monetization approved for a channel full of movie trailers.

PopcornMoviesMedia

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking but there are channels that actually are earning money, in some cases huge money with mostly just movie trailers.

Last edited:

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think these are actual companies who pay for rights to the trailers and have contracts with Youtube. Because people expect to find movie trailers on Youtube, so they need at least some channels/companies on the site to provide this service.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright forum.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
That's what I was thinking but there are channels that actually are earning money, in some cases huge money with mostly just movie trailers.
And you know this how exactly?

Or rather, how do you know that they are receiving the income and that the the videos haven’t been automatically claimed via Content ID and that all income earned isn’t going straight to the movie companies and those who actually own the rights?