Motivation to Be on Camera

pcgamergirl

Coffee Fiend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys - I have a question for you. Do you have any advice on how to motivate yourself to just say screw it and get on camera? Do you care what people think about what you look like? How do you get over this whole fear of judgement? Is it kinda like going to the gym and thinking everyone is staring at you, but in reality no one really cares?

Do you ever think that way? And what do you do to get past it?

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hmm...I guess I've just had a lot of practice these days. But even then I get shy or awkward at times knowing many people can see my video online when I'm done. At the same time though I don't like to let the thoughts of other people judging me get me down. There is going to be someone, somewhere judging you in every way possible. But forget them. They aren't the ones who are living your life. They have no right.

Just be yourself, know you're going to do it for fun, get out there and forget what others will think of you even if it's only for a minute. I stopped caring what others thought of me a long time ago because it kept me holding me back from what I wanted to do with my videos, art and my life.

Another good way to help someone get in front of a camera is to bring a friend into it as well. They will make you feel comfortable and help you get through it and who knows....you might be perfect together even. Hope that helps a bit. =]

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
This is something that works for me, though I don't know how well it would work for you, but I say it's worth giving a go. One of the reasons I can be so confident in front of a camera is because I know I'm playing a character: an exaggeration/hyperbole of myself. A caricature. Satire. So, if people judge me, they're realistically just judging my character. A lot of other YouTubers do this approach, actually, like Filthy Frank, Keemstar, PewDiePie, etc. And another part of it is being able to laugh at yourself. When I first started YouTube, I can look back on my first video and see how afraid I was of showing off my personality. I thought people would think that I was really weird or being turned off by me cursing, or whatever the reason. And now, I just go all out. People actually admire that, I'd say.

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
JUST DO IT! If you're not comfortable just jumping right in, practice filming a video just for yourself and see what you can improve or work on. Then once you've worked out everything you start uploading. At the end of the day no one's perfect not even your viewer. As a viewer myself it feels good to know someone I watch is another human being who goes through the same challenges and problems that I do.

Jenna no manga

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I stopped showing my face in my new video cause someone followed me in the street after recognizing me. So I do not know what they were reading in my smiles but I decided to stop doing that. It is something to consider as a woman.