Motivation for making huge videos?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey all, I'm currently looking for motivation into making the big video projects that I usually make. My videos take weeks, if not a whole month or longer to make. I put so much time and effort into my videos, and they barely get any attention on Youtube.
I still enjoy making the videos, I love scripting and editing, but it's just sad to see my effort go to waste. Anyone know what I can do about this, if there is anything I can do?

TheItaLianStaLLion || Dan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey all, I'm currently looking for motivation into making the big video projects that I usually make. My videos take weeks, if not a whole month or longer to make. I put so much time and effort into my videos, and they barely get any attention on Youtube.
I still enjoy making the videos, I love scripting and editing, but it's just sad to see my effort go to waste. Anyone know what I can do about this, if there is anything I can do?
It's not going to waste, just keep making high quality content and eventually your video will be noticed.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategy / Technique advice forum. ^_^

Reactions: Crown

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
when I'm working on a huge project I make lots of ticky boxes, break the video down into lots of small goals. Then I can assign a small goal per day and have a good idea of how long it will take me, and it doesn't feel so impossible anymore.
also play podcasts and music and videos on the side to keep your sanity!

Reactions: Noobzilla and Crown

TheItaLianStaLLion || Dan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
when I'm working on a huge project I make lots of ticky boxes, break the video down into lots of small goals. Then I can assign a small goal per day and have a good idea of how long it will take me, and it doesn't feel so impossible anymore.
also play podcasts and music and videos on the side to keep your sanity!
that's actually a pretty good idea, i think i may try that one out thanks for the suggestion!

Reactions: Lightsen

Magic Pete

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
If you join a local video club you can show your productions there. They will also have competitions amongst members and also between clubs, perhaps world wide. What bigger audience could you want?

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I think it's not wasted effort, if you're having fun creating / editing videos. In my opinion enjoying what you do, should always stay in first place.
And someday it might get a lot of attention.

Reactions: Noobzilla

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Because to be the man, you gotta beat the man!

That means you have to make videos 10 times better than everyone else even if they get 10x less views