Mother&Baby Co wants to share my video?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I recived this email and I'm not sure how to respond? Is this spam? The video they mentioned is a silly live video we did.. not sure why anyone would want to share & post on social media.. what do you all think? Email I received is below:

Hi there! I hope you’re having a great week! I’m sure you might get several emails regarding your videos so I appreciate you taking the time to read my email today. By way of quick introduction my name is (took out his name) and I head up the licensing team at LOBE Digital. We’re currently working with ‘Mother and Baby’ and the team absolutely love your video "Messy Bad Baby eating! Live Stream! Funny Bad Baby” and would like to request if they can share it with other mums on their social pages and website? They would be more than happy to credit your video with your name/ YouTube channel (or however you would prefer) in the video itself, which will be sure to drive more views back to your original video ☺ If you are happy for them to do this please simply respond to this email as soon as possible (they are hoping to share the video tomorrow!). Please let me know if you have any questions at all, looking forward to hopefully sharing this lovely video with all the mums! Best regards, (took out his name).

Thanks! Just not sure if I should say yes.. or no? He gave me the actual link but it wouldn't like me add that.

Last edited:

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
It doesn't look like spam to me, they have a very specific request rather than the usual spammy rubbish that we all receive.

It's a very odd thing to request though, since YouTube is set up so that anybody can share video content on social networks without having to ask permission. I can't help wondering if this is just a clumsy attempt to get your attention with a view to offering you their services.

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They want to use your clip to make revenue from which ever way they do it. No big deal, but it's totally up to you if you do it. Many channels, facebook pages are operating like this now and it has been proven that it can bring exposure to the original source.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They want to use your clip to make revenue from which ever way they do it. No big deal, but it's totally up to you if you do it. Many channels, facebook pages are operating like this now and it has been proven that it can bring exposure to the original source.
Yes, I wondered the same thing..

Reactions: just Moto
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea, I spoke with my husband and we came to this conclusion as well, even if they are making money at least it will bring in some views, even if its just a few.. Just not sure why they want this particular video haha, it's nothing spectacular.

Reactions: just Moto

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
This bit is weird:

They would be more than happy to credit your video with your name/ YouTube channel (or however you would prefer) in the video itself, which will be sure to drive more views back to your original video
It sounds like they're going to create a SECOND VIDEO on their channel / platform using your footage. They don't seem to be offering any revenue at all. If you're ok with that, then go for it. Personally, I wouldn't do it. :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This bit is weird:

It sounds like they're going to create a SECOND VIDEO on their channel / platform using your footage. They don't seem to be offering any revenue at all. If you're ok with that, then go for it. Personally, I wouldn't do it. :)
Yes, it sounded like that to us too. Wouldn't expect revenue since we are so small anyways. I doubt they will get many views, looks like most of their other posts have only received a few likes. I told them that they are welcome to share to link, but not copy.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yes, it sounded like that to us too. Wouldn't expect revenue since we are so small anyways. I doubt they will get many views, looks like most of their other posts have only received a few likes. I told them that they are welcome to share to link, but not copy.
I think a lot of these requests are purposefully ambiguous and confusing so that if you reply "yes", they then take your content and do what they want with it and you suddenly lose control.

The quote below is ridiculous. Just a technique to get you to make a very quick decision without researching it. I highly doubt that the project is time-sensitive.
respond to this email as soon as possible (they are hoping to share the video tomorrow!).

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think a lot of these requests are purposefully ambiguous and confusing so that if you reply "yes", they then take your content and do what they want with it and you suddenly lose control.

The quote below is ridiculous. Just a technique to get you to make a very quick decision without researching it. I highly doubt that the project is time-sensitive.
Yes, I think you are absolutely correct.

Reactions: Crown