Most complex video you've edited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleido

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On average I use about 4 video tracks and 6 audio, but I think my most complex video had 6 video tracks and 9 audio ones.

One of my intros was 9 video tracks for a 5 second piece lol... I had to render that one out separately to put it in the video or it wouldn't have worked haha

So, what's the most complicated video you made, and why did it take so much to do what you wanted?

Reactions: Nenad

Kaleido

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All of my videos are complicated! I have atleast 200+ clips to jumble up and render!
I think my EPISODE 1 video took 350+ clips! My usual take around 200+ clips
Haha, I meant layers in the actual editor, but I know that feeling too! Usually the camera is rolling continuously so it's not THAT many clips, but I shoot easily 40-60 GB of video every time I go out. It's such a pain to go through it all lol..

Reactions: Jawad Soomro

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Haha, I meant layers in the actual editor, but I know that feeling too! Usually the camera is rolling continuously so it's not THAT many clips, but I shoot easily 40-60 GB of video every time I go out. It's such a pain to go through it all lol..
Ohh well my layers are around 4 -5

Reactions: Kaleido

kami

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I try to keep things as simple as possible, mostly because I'm lazy but also because I don't know how to do anything and am too lazy to figure things out. So it's basically 100% lazy.

Two videos stick out to me though, of mine, which is my most recent vlog (#15) since there was a lot of footage and photos to organize and piece together, plus commentary. The other is a portrait video (the Loki one) only because of the ending clip which features all of my avengers portrait videos. Putting that together was a bit time consuming xD

Basically nothing compared to anyone else's videos, I'm sure, haha.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I usually have 3-5 layers.
I don't think I have had much more than that before :p

Most of my videos doesn't require heavy editing. It's mostly just syncing audio files with the video files, and adding a backdrop occationally, plus an end card at the end with a video inside of it.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Easily my car review videos. Multiple shots, took ages to film and even longer to edit. I am looking forward to doing another one in a few months time. With a new camera thrown into the mix. Should be FUN!

SoleilTech

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Most of my videos contain 3 to 5 layers. The ones where I capture my phone screen can be slightly more complicated than others, just because I want the videos to look nice.

User_26183

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Designer, Animator
I once edited a narrative film for someone I knew on the interwebs - the entire thing was about 450 shots long (it was about 14 minutes long). Layering in reality isn't a great measure of complexity since virtually all videos can be cut down into one or two layers. In terms of audio however, I had 30 tracks of instruments that made up the score and about 24 tracks of foley and dialogue.

That wasn't too vfx intensive - I only had to do 22 shots for the entire piece, however none of those were simple by any stretch. The most complicated one had 12 chroma keyed plates, 2 clean plates, an HDR map for sky replacement and about 10 CG elements, each with 10 AOV passes.

By the conventional definition, VFX does not fall under the banner of editing, however a lot of people on this forum do seem to group the whole of post-production under that name, so I have included it anyway!

WilliamRayWalters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a machinima called 'Love and War - A Battlefield Heroes Machinima' that was pretty complicated (for me anyway). It had chroma key stuff, masking, and animation of game content but in a third party animating software (which I then had to chroma key against a background). The real complexity came from some of the content itself though, mainly the music. I remixed and rewrote the game's theme song and it took my many many hours as well as the other songs in the soundtrack. Also I had to develop a German accent since I voiced all roles. Plus, the directing took forever and many many takes. I even went to a real cliff to do some of the voiceover so the sound sounded more realistic.

It wasn't perfect, but it did end up winning video of the week for that game's website forum. It was complex for me anyway...I didn't know how to do any of that really.

Status
Not open for further replies.