More YouTube drama

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
This is quite a complicated story. Here are the key points:

• YouTube star Mars Argo - real name Brittany Sheets – is suing her ex-boyfriend, Corey Mixter, and internet persona Poppy – real name Moriah Pereira
  • She claims that Mixter, who performs as Titanic Sinclair, stole her identity to create a 'fake' copy of her in the form of YouTube rival 'Poppy'
  • Mixter first produced videos for Sheets, under the name Mars Argo, for their YouTube channel, Grocerybag.tv, which became one of the biggest on the site
  • But she says that after they split romantically he turned Pereira into a copycat version of Mars Argo
  • Pereira dyed her hair blond and started talking at a higher pitch to 'mimic Mars Argo's distinctive speaking voice', according to court documents
  • Sheets is also seeking a domestic violence restraining order against Mixter who she says repeatedly broke into her apartment and punched her in the face

The full story is here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5684463/YouTuber-claims-ex-boyfriend-stole-online-identity-new-performer.html

lol, wow! Thoughts?

Reactions: videoeditgr

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What the hell? Honestly, I only know about Poppy because Game Theory did an episode on her.

Is there any truth to the part about breaking into the house to punch her in the face true, cause if so, that's really nothing to laugh about.

Reactions: Crown

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I dunno I don't believe the whole "I did it first" idea on youtube. Yes there is blatant theft, but a lot of creators take and use ideas all the time. I just think they're trying to sue a popular channel, so they get more advertisement. (Like bad controversy is the best advertisement lol)

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that big YouTubers are attention seeking and love drama. The legal question is interesting though. I would think that a UK court would throw this out, not so sure about what would happen in the U.S.

Reactions: Crown

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
In a less politically correct time I could tell you exactly what I think about him. But I’m glad she got away

Last edited:
Reactions: videoeditgr

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’ve seen this a couple weeks ago. I can see mars agro winning the abuse charges and breaking in, but I’m not sure if the court will do anything about poppy dressing like her and acting like her I feel like they would throw that out.