More views on Wednesdays.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
I don't know why, but for some reason I consistently do much better for views on Wednesdays than any other day. For the life of me though, I can't seem to think why. What's so special about Wednesdays? If you look on social blade you'll see this for yourself. I normally get about 400-500 views on a Wednesday, as opposed to 200-300 most other days.

I mean it's great of course, would be nice of I could figure out why though lol

Maybe take advantage of this. If you don't already, the videos you put up on Wednesdays could include plenty of links to other related and helpful things, to help direct these viewers to your less watched videos. Can't think why you're getting more views on Wednesdays lol

Hope this helps!

My guess is that it's because from Wednesday onward, that's typically when people have parties or dinner dates or something of the like. Obviously Tuesday's gonna be a bad day, since no one parties on a Tuesday, and Monday people are probably too tired to even think about cooking. Wednesday's hump day. Everyone's all hyped up on adrenaline, and it's the perfect day to look up how to cook stuff to get ready for the weekend. I'm just spit balling ideas here, though. :p

I agree with Dewmonic Abyss. I bet Wednesday is when folks are starting to recover from the dreaded "Mondays" and are starting to think about dinner for the rest of the week and possibly something special to cook during the weekend.

My channel is food related also, so I'm curious to find out where my best days are. Since mine is "diet" related, I wonder if I get more views right before a Monday, as that's when most people start a "diet". You've got me curious!

Last edited:
Maybe it depends on the channel itself. I actually see more growth during the weekends, I quess my videos rank higher then or something. You can't tell for sure I think.

My guess is that it's because from Wednesday onward, that's typically when people have parties or dinner dates or something of the like. Obviously Tuesday's gonna be a bad day, since no one parties on a Tuesday, and Monday people are probably too tired to even think about cooking. Wednesday's hump day. Everyone's all hyped up on adrenaline, and it's the perfect day to look up how to cook stuff to get ready for the weekend. I'm just spit balling ideas here, though.
I agree with Dewmonic Abyss. I bet Wednesday is when folks are string to recover from the dreaded "Monday's" and are starting to think about dinner for the rest of the week and possibly something special to cook during the weekend.

My channel is food related also, so I'm curious to find out where my best days are. Since mine is "diet" related, I wonder if I get more views right before a Monday, as that's when most people start a "diet". You've got me curious!
Check your analytics and let me know lol. I'm feeling all geeky now[DOUBLEPOST=1497480595,1497480518][/DOUBLEPOST]
My guess is that it's because from Wednesday onward, that's typically when people have parties or dinner dates or something of the like. Obviously Tuesday's gonna be a bad day, since no one parties on a Tuesday, and Monday people are probably too tired to even think about cooking. Wednesday's hump day. Everyone's all hyped up on adrenaline, and it's the perfect day to look up how to cook stuff to get ready for the weekend. I'm just spit balling ideas here, though. :p
I think you could be on to something there chap. P.s I have no idea what a hump day is...

Wednesday is essentially regarded as the midpoint of a typical working week. Wednesday is hump day, since Thursday is really the unofficial beginning of the weekend. Wednesday's like a hump, since it's like the climax of a story. Everything goes up from Monday with work, and then it peaks, and goes down starting Thursday, so everyone can relax. It's actually not a provocative term at all, despite what a lot of people sometimes insinuate. xD

Wednesday is essentially regarded as the midpoint of a typical working week. Wednesday is hump day, since Thursday is really the unofficial beginning of the weekend. Wednesday's like a hump, since it's like the climax of a story. Everything goes up from Monday with work, and then it peaks, and goes down starting Thursday, so everyone can relax. It's actually not a provocative term at all, despite what a lot of people sometimes insinuate. xD
Oh I see! Haha. Thanks for explaining. ☺

I guess Wednesdays is just the audience tend to watch videos more. So keep going at it, make wednesday your priority now!

If you're making cooking vids it's possible people working in restaurants are watching and they may likely be off midweek and have to work on the weekend and so more views on Wednesday?

Back