More videos, more growth?

mikeliveslife

Reaction score
A lot of people keep talking about quality, but I disagree. Quality is subjective, which means everyone has their own opinion on what is or isn't quality content. In my opinion, the more videos you put out, the more chances you have at being found. I'm a quantity over quality type of person, however, I make sure that anything I publish provides value to the viewer. If you consider your video valuable to either yourself or someone else, then that trumps quality. Every video is like a tiny ripple in the vast ocean of content on YouTube, the more ripples you cause, the larger your presence becomes.
Agree 100% Also you guys keep talking about consistency, lets say thats given, Im wondering if insted of 2 videos/week, you upload 3/week does that mean more growth? (maybe form the algorythym perspective)

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A lot of people keep talking about quality, but I disagree. Quality is subjective, which means everyone has their own opinion on what is or isn't quality content. In my opinion, the more videos you put out, the more chances you have at being found. I'm a quantity over quality type of person, however, I make sure that anything I publish provides value to the viewer. If you consider your video valuable to either yourself or someone else, then that trumps quality. Every video is like a tiny ripple in the vast ocean of content on YouTube, the more ripples you cause, the larger your presence becomes.
Well said my man!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I can only speak from my own experience, but when I had 2 videos/week, I grew at a much slower pace than now, when I make 4 videos/week. We make it easier on ourselves by making one of those videos be a livestream on Monday nights (so it takes nothing but setting up the camera and talking and doing whatever we're doing that night), but I do think YouTube rewards channels that consistently upload.

I say "consistently" over "frequently," because I see a lot of channels that dump a bunch of videos all together over and over again, and they seem to not do quite as well. I think a regular, predictable schedule that a creator sticks to is much better than uploading in fits and starts.

Archieonic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started at one video a day. Granted, the quality of said videos was probably quite low given I had absolutely no idea about editing and was camera shy. I'm now at 2 videos a day, and I saw a significant increase. I've gained 600 subscribers in the span of one month and 3 weeks. I'd say it definitely helps to put the most you can, while of course maintaining a certain level of quality.

Reactions: Smartie

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
From my 4 years of uploading videos I have noticed that when i use to upload daily minecraft views were more or less coming and going, views would come on the weekend for the videos closer to them. Then I use to upload with a schedule it depended on what i would upload, some people liked certain series but subscribers were meh! Now that I upload whenever I seem to been getting more subs and views :confused: I guess my stuff is just plain weird XD

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I do think the more videos the better,
I'm not creative enough to that yet at this point, I can only manage one video a week (sometimes ;))
Someone that I follow who posts SIMILAR videos to me has got to 1k subs in 1/3rd of the time I've gotten to 440+ because they post usually 5 days a week, sometimes more!

ADketo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm starting out doing one video a week. It seems sustainable to me, and it allows me to "get ahead", just in case there's a week where something pops up that might prohibit me from uploading. Right now, I've got a month's worth of videos produced, edited, uploaded, and ready to publish on a weekly basis. I let my schedule be known, right in my banner ad, so viewers know to expect a new video every Friday. My thinking is that if I'm able to produce content at a faster clip, without making too many sacrifices, and without sacrificing time with my family, I'll increase my publishing frequency. For now, once a week seems to be working.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't know YouTube too well. I was wondering, if you were to post (lets say, QUALITY videos) every other 3 days, instead of every other 7 days. Would you grow a lot faster on YouTube? Anyone has experience?
I'd say it would definitely help, for sure. I mean, the more content you're putting out there, the more content that's out there to be discovered. So every video you post is definitely going to benefit you, every little helps!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me uploading every other day has proven well to grow. I did go to daily but my videos were not watched as much. The bigger my back library becomes the more chance I gain new subs/views also.