More videos, more growth?

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know YouTube too well. I was wondering, if you were to post (lets say, QUALITY videos) every other 3 days, instead of every other 7 days. Would you grow a lot faster on YouTube? Anyone has experience?

Reactions: DictionaryWrites

DictionaryWrites

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
A lot of the recommendations I've seen from various YouTubers is that the ideal is to post twice or three times a week; some people, of course, post once a day, I think posting once a week is fine, so long as you clearly state when a new video comes out, as it encourages subscribers to get into a routine.

Reactions: Smartie

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A lot of the recommendations I've seen from various YouTubers is that the ideal is to post twice or three times a week; some people, of course, post once a day, I think posting once a week is fine, so long as you clearly state when a new video comes out, as it encourages subscribers to get into a routine.
Make sense. I was thinking of changing it up to every other 4 days, instead of once per week. I feel like things are really moving slow this way, or is its just me.

Reactions: DictionaryWrites

Will Latimer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
consistency is key but in the long run it should be quality over quantity, so if you can produce 7 quality videos a week go for it!

TheCameronWatson

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it will help but only around 3 at most. This is because you will want to keep up a consistent quality and if this slips, even if you put out a lot of content, you won;t grow as much. Basically make sure whatever you do is quality!

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Assuming the quality is decent...

More videos lead to more views,
more views lead to more people who can find your video(s),
which leads to more views,
which leads to more subscribers,
repeat

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Consistency is a real big deal when it comes to growth however quality is also really important. I try to upload twice a week but sometimes I just get really busy (example; I'm moving this Saturday to a different state soI more than likely won't be able to upload a new video) but when I do upload my videos are pretty decent in quality so it's not that big of a deal in a way that I might not upload every Wednesday and Saturday. As long as you have good quality you can risk being a little bit inconsistent!

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think quality counts more than quantity, but posting more than one video a week does give you some advantages. One a week is really putting all your eggs in one basket. But 7 videos a week is only good if a significant amount of your subscribers are actually watching all 7 a week.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
A lot of people keep talking about quality, but I disagree. Quality is subjective, which means everyone has their own opinion on what is or isn't quality content. In my opinion, the more videos you put out, the more chances you have at being found. I'm a quantity over quality type of person, however, I make sure that anything I publish provides value to the viewer. If you consider your video valuable to either yourself or someone else, then that trumps quality. Every video is like a tiny ripple in the vast ocean of content on YouTube, the more ripples you cause, the larger your presence becomes.