More Traffic for Your Hard Work

JerryOak

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It is no mystery that all of us are trying to get as much attention to our channel as possible.
Frankly, it's not an easy task. Since Youtube has given mostly everyone the privilege to upload content our videos become submerged and never get the attention that some of us deserve. Now, I'm not saying that my videos are good. In fact I think I could work on them a tad bit more. But some of us are really.. really talented and the views just don't come in.. here are a few things that will hopefully change that.

1.) Custom thumbnail:
If you have access to any picture editing software (e.g. Photoshop) and have some experience using it's features, you can make a custom thumbnail for said video.Thumbnails really do catch a person's attention. Obviously, the thumbnail has to to be relevant to your video.

2.) Tags:
Generally we think that 'tags' is a section in our videos that doesn't matter so we leave it empty. We shouldn't do that. Tags serve as hotlinks to our videos. So, for example if you put 'gameplay footage' as a tag and I were to search that on Youtube, there may be a chance that I come across your video. Tags are really important.

3.) Quality or Quantity:
Have quality content. No one will care on the amount of videos that you have on your channel if they're not quality.. It's pretty self explanatory.

4.) Originality:
Lastly, be original.

I know that some of these may seem a little farfetched but I've talked with several people and these things do work. I hope they have the same impact to your channels as they did to theirs. Good luck with your Youtube careers.

AreYouAwareBro

I check out your videos if you comment on mine!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Pretty obvious stuff but a great guide for a beginner!

2CanadianGamers

Certified Canadian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A nice, simple guide for starting out channels. Good job!