More strangeness with the comments section

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've come to the conclusion that comments section is set up for Google Chrome and any other browser now has issues.

What I see is Google surreptitiously promoting Chrome as the preferred browser.

I notice that there are large gaps in the delivery/showing of new comments. They appear to be coming through in blocks of five or more, or only at a set (large) time frequency. This occurs in the classic version and Beta.

I thought these changes were supposed to be an improvement. It never did this before from my observations.

Not good enough YouTube.

Reactions: fixedsnuffle

MadBlaxe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
every year its more worse ... even some comments get dissapear without a reason

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
every year its more worse ... even some comments get dissapear without a reason
Yeah, I wrote a massive reply to one of the comments on my latest video yesterday and it is now gone, deleted without any explanation. I've noticed comments disappearing regularly - I get a notification and immediately go to my dashboard comments only to find nothing there. That comment doesn't even show up.

Just imagine the lost opportunities to engage with people willing to leave their own thoughts below your videos - sometimes you only have 1 shot to establish minimum rapport with a stranger on the Internet and YT's faulty system doesn't even let you try.

• Sad
Reactions: MadBlaxe

MadBlaxe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, I wrote a massive reply to one of the comments on my latest video yesterday and it is now gone, deleted without any explanation. I've noticed comments disappearing regularly - I get a notification and immediately go to my dashboard comments only to find nothing there. That comment doesn't even show up.

thats literally what happened to me , and i guess im lucky that i was checking the comments in curiosity just to see a comment and subscriber as well

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The unanswered/answered selection seems to do nothing/not be able to differentiate.

If you get more than one reply on a comment, the second one disappears for a day before( hopefully) re-appearing for approval.

Some comments simply disappear for ever after approval.

Comments used to be easy to use, but now it's just a nightmare.

Real time analysis is also no where as easy/fast to use as the old discontinued system, if you want to track one particular video.

It's a hopeless mess.

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I almost cried when I heard the creators of youtube were selling to google. I hate google and avoid it unless it's the final option.