More story based?

Kevin hummel

GameCrafter117
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hi all!

Currently I am let's playing world of warcraft, in order to captivate more viewers, would it be better to make my character more story based and not just me, as a commentator questing? I'm wondering if it would be more interesting that way. Any advice is much appreciated!

Reactions: Nazristic

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Really depends on what your aim is. Are you teaching people tips and tricks? Or is it just gameplay? If you're just playing the game with added commentary, it might be a cool idea to do all your commentary In Character and really get a storyline going. It would set you apart :)

Reactions: Kevin hummel

Nazristic

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi all!

Currently I am let's playing world of warcraft, in order to captivate more viewers, would it be better to make my character more story based and not just me, as a commentator questing? I'm wondering if it would be more interesting that way. Any advice is much appreciated!
That is actually a very interesting way of lets playing. Just like what Dutchie has said, it could be a unique way of getting more personal with your viewers. I never have seen a commentator commentate through the character, So I'd definitely give it a try and check and see how your audience is responding to that. All the best Kevin!

Reactions: Kevin hummel

Kevin hummel

GameCrafter117
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Really depends on what your aim is. Are you teaching people tips and tricks? Or is it just gameplay? If you're just playing the game with added commentary, it might be a cool idea to do all your commentary In Character and really get a storyline going. It would set you apart :)
Thank you! I'm gonna write a couple scripts and see what happens. I really want the videos to be a comprehensive guide, but my heart goes to the story of the game.

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

Kevin hummel

GameCrafter117
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
That is actually a very interesting way of lets playing. Just like what Dutchie has said, it could be a unique way of getting more personal with your viewers. I never have seen a commentator commentate through the character, So I'd definitely give it a try and check and see how your audience is responding to that. All the best Kevin!
Thank you! I appreciate the advise. It's looking like I might give it a shot!

Reactions: Nazristic

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on the way you want to take your channel. A story based character could work out but I think it would take a lot ot more work for you in the long run

MCU Fanatics

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, probably I would prefer that.

Last edited by a moderator: