More popular YouTuber trying to advertise on my video?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've had a few of those comments before, I usually just ignore them or just delete them. It is really rude, I see it like if someone's setup an event and them someone goes on a speakerphone telling everyone to ditch it and go to his better one, just as it'd be rude if that were to happen, this is rude.

Exactly his comment is like going into someone's restaurant and saying nice food but the food is way nicer at my restaurant across the street.

Reactions: Stike96

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's pretty simple to just delete a comment, so I'd just do that without anything else. Sending people to your video in comments is pretty rude, I think.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That’s happened to me before except it’s usually from smaller channels than mine, just report As spam or ignore it or delete it. I wouldn’t reply it’s not worth it.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would just delete it especially in the context he did it is just rude.... I have approved spam comments on some of my video's.
like this one
"US trailer 3 weeks ago
Love it! - (link to there website)" (removed the actual link) so tytalk would let me post it...but it was a actual link

I thought it was funny. wasn't hurting anything should still count towards viewer interaction. so why not let it slide. obviously there only posting it to advertise. tho

for someone to post here is a better version of this video and link there video is just rude and it would irritate me.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah its rude etc but if I was you I would try to communicate with this larger channel. This channel has seen your video and maybe sees you as close competition?
Competition can be healthy. You could feature each others channels? You could collaborate? You could subcribe to them and use them for ideas/inspiration etc.
I only say this because I have done these same things - Above and below me sub count. Its dog eat dog. Dont get offended by others comments/intentions. Work with them.

aliceromy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i have a lot of respect for youtubers who i see reply to negative comments in a mature and respectful way, even when the original comment isn't deserving of it. it makes me cringe when people get into passive agressive arguments in the comments. however that comment was pure rudeness and self-promotion, better to just delete it!

Dr. Creepster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
That is definitely rude! I would totally mark is as spam!

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Really rude lol I'd flag it as spam.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Tell him to f**k right off!