More people are watching YouTube via TV

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

A new study by digital entertainment studio Collab — which furnishes rights management, ad sales, and other services for a slew of top digital stars — has revealed that more and more YouTube viewership is taking place on TV screens.

Collab analyzed 60 million of its unique YouTube views, comparing viewing patterns from 2016 to 2018, ultimately concluding that total viewing time spent on TV screens and OTT services grew by 272% in that time frame. Furthermore, this increase jumped to 455% when looking solely at Collab’s owned-and-operated channels (a subset of the channels studied, including Dumb Genius and Funny Pet Videos). Notably, Collab also found that, in 2018, when people watched YouTube on TV screens, watch time doubled as compared to mobile consumption).

For the full article - https://www.tubefilter.com/2019/05/23/collab-study-youtube-viewership-tv/

____

I must admit, I do regularly watch YouTube on my TV via my Amazon firestick.

What about you? Do you watch YouTube from your TVs ?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've been watching more and more YouTube in bed on my phone like a stereotypical millennial lol, and my TV is gathering dust. I never watch TV... T_T But I've noticed that my parents now watch a lot of YouTube on their TV. :eek: They mostly watch the comedy folks like Trever Noah, John Oliver, Seth Meyers, etc. It's almost like YouTube is replacing regular TV for them, and I know that they watch A LOT of regular tv...

Reactions: Crown

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I hate watching youtube on the phone. I'm watching youtube for years on TV as I connected my computer to it :D Another benefit is playing "free cell" on a 65 inch screen haha :D

Reactions: Crown

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I'm watching it on my TV, but not through the Smart TV apps. I usually either hook up my PC, Nintendo Switch or Xbox One and use the app on those systems.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Interesting - it looks like watching habits have gone full circle.

At one time people watched videos on their PC...then on their phone...now back to the TV screen again.

I have had a few comments on my videos recently complaining that they are not in 4K - this probably explains why!

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get nice and close to the toy car models since I know most people watch the content on small screens. We just got a Smart 50" monitor and WOW! That car is HUGE lol (the truck is spinning on a turn table, hence the blurry image)

image.jpeg

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I get nice and close to the toy car models since I know most people watch the content on small screens. We just got a Smart 50" monitor and WOW! That car is HUGE lol (the truck is spinning on a turn table, hence the blurry image)
Do you use a macro lens for your toy-cars?