More efficient way of making thumbnails?

I use photoshop to edit my thumbnails, I take a few pictures before or after the video depends on the video and pic the picture I want and then I edit later in photoshop

It is not the same but you can also use Adobe Spark as a fast way to create thumbs for your videos. It is free and web based and you can choose from a lot of templates and types of fonts and also edit sizes, colours and all...

Of course I prefer customising the whole thing in PS but this is also a good thing to have in mind.

Hope it works for you guys!

If you have windows 10 when playing the video in their new Video player there’s an option to capture the screen right in the player. There’s a little pen icon on the lower right of the player, and if you click that you can hit the “save photo from video” button (or something like that) and by doing this you’ll lose the video control buttons so you won’t have to worry about it. (The picture lands in the same folder as the video)

If your editing program supports it you should be able to take a screenshot. I do it every time in Adobe Premier. I then send it to my email and run it through Instagram with a few filters before putting it on the video. (just alter the pic, post it, delete it right away and the altered picture should be saved on your phone so you can send it back to yourself).

Back