More changes to YPP - now affecting channels under Networks

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
According to Tweets by SocialBlade - twitter.com/SocialBlade/status/969054339154268162
Today sadly YouTube forced another culling directed at networks. While we can’t share the exact details but in short YouTube is forcing networks to slim down their networks massively only keeping their top partners.
also
Last week YouTube removed 80% of our partners, and this week they’re removing about 75% of who was left. At Social Blade we stand for transparency and community and we wanted to clearly state this is not our choice.
Many creators that are under network already reported contract termination notice e-mails from their networks, effective from end of February. Now all the released from the networks channels will need to wait to be reviewed to enter again in YPP, meaning that some of them may not be approved.

Your thoughts?

Reactions: Crown

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
it's just the begginning. Youtube wants to monetize only pro videos. Many people on this forum believed that the CPM will increase after demonetization. Now those naive people or idiots are all demonetized too.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
According to Tweets by SocialBlade - twitter.com/SocialBlade/status/969054339154268162

also

Many creators that are under network already reported contract termination notice e-mails from their networks, effective from end of February. Now all the released from the networks channels will need to wait to be reviewed to enter again in YPP, meaning that some of them may not be approved.

Your thoughts?

Interesting. Thanks for posting this. I'm guessing it's the same requirements as for YouTubers with normal adsense (1k subs and 4k hours). It makes sense I suppose.

It'd probably honestly make MCNs more profitable in terms of margin. I bet 80% of their income comes from the biggest 20% anyway. So by culling the smaller channels, they'll have fewer channels to manage, but the ones they do manage will be generating significant money. The MCNs will probably have to reduce their overheads though. In fact the more I think about it, it's probably one of the main reasons YouTube made the changes too- Increasing their margins by having fewer people to have to support.

Reactions: markkaz

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm pretty sure it's not. Read the rest of their tweets. Socialblade already said they had to kick 80% of their partners out. These are all the partners who didn't meet the new youtube requirments. Now ANOTHER 75% will be kicked out. All of which already has met the new ypp requirements.

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for posting this. I'm guessing it's the same requirements as for YouTubers with normal adsense (1k subs and 4k hours). It makes sense I suppose.

It'd probably honestly make MCNs more profitable in terms of margin. I bet 80% of their income comes from the biggest 20% anyway. So by culling the smaller channels, they'll have fewer channels to manage, but the ones they do manage will be generating significant money. The MCNs will probably have to reduce their overheads though. In fact the more I think about it, it's probably one of the main reasons YouTube made the changes too- Increasing their margins by having fewer people to have to support.
I'm in 100% rev share with BBTV You don't understand, but MCN are becoming totaly useless now. Better to be in Adsense with youtube. Youtube wants MCN investors like Disney, RTL, etc. They want to kill MCN

ericshift1

Reaction score
They've not changed the requirements. What they have done is prevented MCNs from partnering random channels they have no relationship with for financial gain, something I think most of us can agree was an illegitimate practice.

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll be interested to hear the full details on this story...that' s a LOT of channels getting removed/affected.

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I honestly don't mind, most mcns in the past were just blood sucking thieves with privileges given to them by youtube (like access to content id, being able to ignore scans for content id for years, offering just some music thats cheaper to get with a subscription, etc). The only reason I'm still with one is because it gives em access as a managed partner to not be scanned for content id which alienates false positives, and to monetize reuploads which happens a lot. Half my youtube income these days is from reuploads alone which makes up for the % cut. But if youtube ever gave me access to content id like that (i've applied unsuccessfully before) id drop the MCN in a second.

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator

Actually by the tone of SocialBlade tweets it seems clearly to me that they are gonna lose a ton of money due to this...