Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

More and more use of computer generated voice over on YouTube

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by Xynudu, Jun 13, 2018 at 9:51 AM.

1. Xynudu
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $405
    This obnoxious aspect of YouTube seems to be taking over many channels.

I refuse to watch any video with computer generated voice over. It's the pits as far as I'm concerned.

What do others think of this technique ?

Symph and CristyTango like this.
  2. The BBQ Chef
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $62
    Agreed. It just smacks of laziness.

CristyTango likes this.
  3. TYTD
    If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
    Cash:
    $249
    Depends. if its a choice of a synth voice or a really crappy audio recording. i'll take the synth voice. Equally if someone normally records live audio but is sick or for whatver reason doesnt have the time to dub im fine with them synth voicing for 1 or 2 videos while they get back on there feet...channels that do it exclusively though are the pits...

4. Dave2017
    Get The Picture?
    Cash:
    $14
    I havent seen this at all. What kinds of channels are you talking about? Do you have some links for me to check out? If it is some kind of robotic computer generated voice on the entire video my gues is that I would feel ind of the same way as you, but again I havent seen it yet

videoeditgr and Courtney Candice like this.
  5. UhoohExtra
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $42
    It annoys me massively too. Normally such channels didn't do the video footage either.. just stuff that they have stolen from elsewhere siting the fair usage nonsense. Then they sign up on here (always with no links to their dodgy channel :unsure2: ) complaining that they have strikes or problems. If you have got NOTHING to contribute to youtube then take your dog for a walk instead of spamming trash content endlessly. Thats my thoughts anyway.

Of course if computer generated voice is being used by people that can't talk, then that's ok as it encourages inclusion etc.

Symph likes this.
  6. MarcNL
    Cash:
    $25
    It never bothered me THAT much but I do prefer a normal spoken voice over a computer one any day. I would still watch the video but it does take away from a videos charm...

7. Symph
    I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
    Cash:
    $55
    OMG I KNOW. My wife and I are into the idea of traveling on the cheap and are looking for a place to move and it seems like every single "cheapest places to live" video has some stupid robot voice narrating it. Same with a lot of health tips videos, and yeah it can really suck how I will legitimately want to know what the video is talking about yet I just can't do it... I can't get info from THIS.
    [​IMG]

UhoohExtra likes this.
  8. Courtney Candice
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $205
    I never seen anyone use computer genterated voice overs, I didn’t even know that was a thing.

videoeditgr and Symph like this.
  9. Symph
    I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
    Cash:
    $55
    It's not a thing, it's an abomination, and it needs to stop.

Courtney Candice likes this.
  10. Courtney Candice
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $205
    The only time I seem someone use something like is because they are deaf and can’t talk!

Symph likes this.