Monthly Views Decreasing, Subscriber Growth Slowing - Help!

James Walker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey friends,

Over the last 13 months, I have created a vlogging/music channel on YouTube that documents my travels as a musician. I've made a few hundred videos of my tours playing songs all across Europe and America. I feel that with each video I make, I am gaining more confidence in my personality & in my editing. I am happy with how my channel is progressing.

One thing I will say is that I am worried about sustainability. My day-to-day life when I'm not touring isn't travelling across new countries & cities (who's is?), and my concern is that when I am home my video output drops (and therefore do my monthly stats/subscribers). I guess the content that I have the ability to make at home isn't as 'interesting', so I'm reluctant to make videos of me just being at home.

The channel still is slowly growing, and although I've had a recent re-brand (and privated some old videos which are no longer relevant), I feel as though I've hit a plateau. My 28 day views have gone from 20,000 in April to 16,000 in May, to a mere 10,000 these last 28 days.

I don't want this to continue.

Tomorrow, I am announcing that I am spending all of July in America on my first American tour. It's going to be blast, but I want to generate the enthusiasm and viewership that I had before - how do I do this? Also, how can I properly tag/use SEO on my video that is just an announcement about my trip? I can't think of a way in which I can get myself traffic from just a little video, but I want to get the word out that I am about to go on a great big adventure!

Help is needed, so please get back to me. I'm at a bit of a loose end, and want to keep the growth coming. I share all of my videos on other social media sites, and broadcast to a larger audience of 'fans' (double my subscriber count) on YouNow, but I can never get them to convert over to YouTube!

Advice appreciated.

James

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For SEO try sites like viso catalyst. and just do like a trailer for what you will do. But 10000 views over 28 days been a slump makes my channel look terrible.[DOUBLEPOST=1465428386,1465428360][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw your channel link doesn't work

James Walker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
For SEO try sites like viso catalyst. and just do like a trailer for what you will do. But 10000 views over 28 days been a slump makes my channel look terrible.[DOUBLEPOST=1465428386,1465428360][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw your channel link doesn't work
Thank you, I haven't heard of Viso Catalyst. I'll have a look at that.

And thanks for the heads up about my channel link! I'll get that fixed right away. Thanks for the quick response too :)

Reactions: Lrulesok

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Any chance you can pre-record, then space the videos out?
What we sometimes do is a trip to the park or playcenter, and record 3-4 videos that are spaced out over the next few weeks.
We recently came back from a trip to Thailand, and I have over 40 videos recorded there that we'll space out over the next 2 months, interspersed with videos done from home on a daily basis.

Reactions: xingcat

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Exactly what I was going to say. You can gather a ton of raw footage while you're on the road, and then dole it out on a regular schedule between tours. That would allow you some breathing room and keep your viewers watching the stuff they're drawn to.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

James Walker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What we sometimes do is a trip to the park or playcenter, and record 3-4 videos that are spaced out over the next few weeks.
We recently came back from a trip to Thailand, and I have over 40 videos recorded there that we'll space out over the next 2 months, interspersed with videos done from home on a daily basis.
I like the idea of pre-recording and spacing the videos out, but then I feel like I'm creating content that isn't up-to-date with what's going on in my life.

Also, there then comes the issue of having loads and loads of videos to edit every day when I get back home.

I feel like there is a slump in the amount of views I get when I don't upload regularly. I'm going to try something a little different in the weeks between now and the tour, and upload a bi-weekly music video (an acoustic performance or little song or something) to see if that helps to boost the views.

I'm still at the drawing board with what to do when I'm home from tour. I feel like I have a bit of an identity crisis.

On the one hand, I want to create vlogs and travel videos like Ben Brown or Funforlouis. On the other hand, I want to be able to upload music to my channel, either actual professional videos, my EPs, or little acoustic session/whatever.

On top of that, I also want to be able to create 'youtuber' videos, where I can sit in front of the camera and show my personality to the channel. Just doing little videos like Marcus Butler does on More Marcus, or people like Gabe Helmy & stuff like that.

But then, I don't know what my audience wants. I don't know who I'm catering for, and it's starting to stress me out!