Monthly Earnings? Facebook Ads?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask, at what point do you expect a month-month check from youtube?

It seems like it takes me about 6 months (if I'm lucky) to a year just to get $100-120.

What's the general subscriber count I would need to hit in order to make at least that every month?

Also, I'm considering maybe using facebook targeted ads to drive more traffic. What do you guys think?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I am curious to know what others think about driving views from Facebook..
In the website-world with Adsense, many/most (maybe all) views from facebook to your website are counted by Adsense as "invalid" and you dont get paid for them. i would like to know if this is also the case with Youtube.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I just wanted to ask, at what point do you expect a month-month check from youtube?

What's the general subscriber count I would need to hit in order to make at least that every month?
Your subscriber count technically means nothing. These are just the number of people with YouTube/Gmail accounts that have chosen to "Follow" you on YouTube. If they don't return to YouTube often, they may not be seeing that you are releasing new videos, especially if they have't clicked the Bell Icon to always be notified.

What factors into this more is VIEWS. They say, on average, that 1000 views = $1 in adsense. Sometimes it might be greater, sometimes it might be less. So if you can get a cumulative 100,000 views across all your public vids each month, then you could reasonable expect a check each month as well.

Reactions: JesusGreen

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you'll expect a check of 100 bucks a month if you get probably at least 50-60K total views per month give or take.

subscribers has no exact direct correlation to getting the views you need. well it's no guarantee. it can help but you could have 25K subs but if you're still only pulling in 25K total views per month, you won't get a check that month.

as far as facebook helping drive traffic, I've boosted a post before and though it helps you get more views and likes via facebook, based on my experience, most people will watch the video but hardly ever go to your channel. people are pretty stagnant when it comes to social media. people who stay on facebook tend to stay on facebook etc.