"Monitoring for Possible Review"

Kleineganz

Opinionated Vlogger and Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Anyone else (AdSense partners primarily) have videos that you've provided proof of license/ownership for (after getting stuck "under review" and then getting monetization rejected), now have videos stuck in "Monitoring for Possible Review"? Has anyone ever had their videos monetized eventually after that? How long did it take?

Farzan23

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
There is a bug for "Under Review" I saw in google forum if you take a look. And still no fix for it.

Kleineganz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
There is a bug for "Under Review" I saw in google forum if you take a look. And still no fix for it.
I'm familiar with the "under review" bug. What about the "monitoring for possible review"?

Thrashbat

Thrashimation's Favorite Bat!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Comedian, Animator
There was actually a thread about this earlier today. Two or three other people had the same problem :(

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Reviewer
I've had videos "monitoring for possible review" since the beginning of June that still haven't changed. Doubt they're going to monetize them any time soon. I don't think YouTube will actually review videos that aren't made by well known YouTubers or videos that are getting a significant amount of hits to make the any money. Why would they monetise a video that'll only get 100 hits at the most, when they can monetize one that will get 100,000.

TheMadTireShow

Buckeye, Arizona
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've had videos "monitoring for possible review" since the beginning of June that still haven't changed. Doubt they're going to monetize them any time soon. I don't think YouTube will actually review videos that aren't made by well known YouTubers or videos that are getting a significant amount of hits to make the any money. Why would they monetise a video that'll only get 100 hits at the most, when they can monetize one that will get 100,000.
You are right about that. I have a video in private that I uploaded in April when they had this monetization bug then, the video still sits in my video manager as "Monitoring for possible review"

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Yeah they're not going to change any time soon. If I actually had a fanbase or a high view count, I'd be soooo p****d off with this. But since I need to be averaging about 1500 times the amount of views I actually have to make any money, I'm not that bothered :p

Kleineganz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Yeah they're not going to change any time soon. If I actually had a fanbase or a high view count, I'd be soooo p****d off with this. But since I need to be averaging about 1500 times the amount of views I actually have to make any money, I'm not that bothered :p
Well I find it annoying. I know I'm not really losing my money over it because I don't get a lot of views to begin with, but it's disappointing how YouTube treats smaller YouTubers.

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Yeah I suppose. I know what you mean. But I'm not that bothered because I come from a background of stand-up comedy; competitive doesn't even begin to cover it - it's cutthroat. So I'm more used to having to slog your way to success and recognition.