Money spent

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Just curious. How much money do you guys spend on making a video. I know some video doesn't require funds at all, just time. If no money is spent, how much time is invested??

My videos take a SOLID three weeks to create. There is no money spent, per-say but I have invested QUITE a bit in equipment, such as a teleprompter rig, lights, ect. I have just now started testing with advertising my videos just to get a sense of how it works for future knowledge, so there is $30 so far ever spent in ads.

My camera gear, which I have accumulated over some time, is probably at this moment worth somewhere around$700-$800, of course, the camera alone cost about that much when I originally bought it -.-

It depends on the video. If I'm making a whole new puppet character, it can cost about $50 in materials, and then all the time I spend making them. I use a lot of props, but we try to keep those cheap. Cooking videos are generally about 5-15 dollars per video, depending on the ingredients.

My budget is pretty low so no money is spent. If my channel does take off i would eventually spend money on reviewing weird online products though. I wouldn't spend more than 20 bucks for one video though. Idk..depends on how much money i have lol 20 may not be enough

For me its mostly just gas money. There was some initial cost for my cameras and I do need a new camera but for an individual video its maybe 10-20 bucks depending on how far I have to go. Sometimes less then that.

I mostly spend more time than anything on videos. If it's my music and I make videos for them to go up on YouTube, it only takes a good 15-30 minutes. If it's a response video, it can take at least a full day to make. However, I always take breaks in between, so it may even take longer than that. It takes 30 minutes to an hour sometimes for me to figure out what I'm going to respond to. It, then, takes 1-2 hours to record my voice for the video. And then it takes 1-3 hours to Put it all together. And if it's a long video, I have to wait an additional hour just for it to render out. It all adds up really quickly lol.

The equipment cost a lot of money upfront, but the actual videos are usually free to make. Sometimes I pay for a park pass if it's required. Tutorials take about an hour to film and another hour to edit / watch through (they're like 30 minutes long lol). My "main videos" take a good 20+ hours to make just the audio, and I've been getting more and more detailed with stuff, so it's been taking even longer lately...Each note is placed individually, one at a time, since I can't play piano very well...lol x_x The video part is the easiest part, and it only takes about an hour to film and another hour to piece everything together.

For me its mostly just gas money. There was some initial cost for my cameras and I do need a new camera but for an individual video its maybe 10-20 bucks depending on how far I have to go. Sometimes less then that.

Thats pretty cool, never seen a driving vlog!

Back