Monetizing Sexy Videos

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I want to know what other’s experience has been in monetizing ‘sexy’ videos. The guidelines are vague when it comes to ‘suggestive’ content.

We just posted a video of a woman in a bikini washing a Jeep and dancing in a sexy way - To ME it’s not bad, but i guess to a prude it might be.. I enabled monetization and it automatically got flagged as not suitable for most advertisers, probably due to the title and keywords...

I was going to request a manual review but wanted to see what other’s experience has been..

I am also curious about what happens if you request a manual review and they STILL leave if flagged - does that cause any issue other than the video remaining flagged.

Last edited:

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’ve seen videos like that on YouTube, but I don’t think they are not monetized then again I don’t watch those type videos so I can’t say really say for sure.

InTheDogHouse

Building unique animal houses.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just checked and yeah i can see why it was flagged.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hopefully someone that has actually posted this type of videos can let me know their experience.

I am also curious about what happens if you request a manual review and they STILL leave if flagged - does that cause any issue other than the video remaining flagged.

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

I have no first hand experience of this. - A few years ago, this would have been monetized but IMHO now the chances are close to zero. YouTube tends to follow the money these days.

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have never tried posting anything sexual before. There is a youtuber I like watching though that used to post a more sexual video as part of a series that she did, but because of issues with youtube and that content she ended up moving that series to her patreon. It ended up causing a strike on her channel is why she did that. I don't know if you are able to do that sort of thing if you want or what but that is what she did to deal with it.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
We already have a patreon page but we only use that for certain videos.. this video is a one-time thing, i’m just curious if we’ll ever be able to monetize it because it’s not THAT sexual..

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It's hard these days. They won't allow that but will allow junk food advertisements to show to kids. Shows you money is power.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had uploaded a sexy carwash video, in stereoscopic 3D back in 2016 and it was monetized. Then in 2017 I re-uploaded it in 2D and it got demonetized. I requested a review and YouTube confirmed the demonetization. There was no nudity, just three girls in white bikini, lots of foam, car and water.

I deleted both of the videos, since I am not in that stuff anyway, even if it has potential for lot of views.