Monetizing gameplay video's of The Lost Vikings (without commentary)

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
If i have an AdSense account connected to my channel, does the text below means that i'm allowed to broadcast and monetize gameplay video's of The Lost Vikings without commentary? Thanks in Advance!

Guidelines for distributing Productions with Blizzard Content
Note that Blizzard Entertainment's restriction that Productions be limited to "non-commercial" uses also means that you may not license a Production you have created to another company for a fee, or for any other form of compensation, without specific written permission from Blizzard Entertainment to do so. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to use its products for all commercial purposes. The only exceptions to this rule are if you participate in partner programs with YouTube, Justin.tv, Blip.tv, Own3d.tv, or Ustream.tv (the “Production Websites”) whereby a Production Website may pay you for views of a Production if you are accepted into their partner program.

Technically, yes. You could probably get away with it, but fairly certain their guidelines are made specifically for LPs w/ commentary. Though I am not 100% of that.

The only exceptions to this rule are if you participate in partner programs with YouTube, Justin.tv, Blip.tv, Own3d.tv, or Ustream.tv (the “Production Websites”) whereby a Production Website may pay you for views of a Production if you are accepted into their partner program.
that means that you can, if you are Youtube, Twitch, Justin.tv etc partner you are allowed to monetise. Blizzard obviously still can claim your video if they want and get the ad revenue, but you won´t get a copyright strike.
The gameplay needs to be yours, then its fine.

Thanks for the answers! I cannot find anything about that is should have commentary in it. Footage is one thing that is mentioned in the 'production' they talk about.

Back