monetizing children's channel

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Andrewcu

Here is one from The Verge, and involves the US Congress.

Something you need to realize. YouTube doesn't make every policy it has public.

I also suggest that you visit the YouTube Support Community, and look at all of the channels posting content aimed at children which have been complaining of being demonetized in recent months, and the Product Experts responses to same. Please make a point of ignoring any responses I myself have made; just look at the other Product Experts' answers. For your convenience, my ID is Hypno-Systems UK.

TV isn't YouTube, and never will be; thank all that's holy!
Cheers. :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@Andrewcu

See? I don't just talk out of the side of my mouth. I'm aware of Cocomelon, and they are truly doing original content; I believe they may even have a formal production studio. The channels which are getting demonetized are doing multiple learn the alphabet, learn to count, finger family videos on one channel in a very repetitive fashion.

Reactions: markkaz

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Andrewcu

See? I don't just talk out of the side of my mouth. I'm aware of Cocomelon, and they are truly doing original content; I believe they may even have a formal production studio. The channels which are getting demonetized are doing multiple learn the alphabet, learn to count, finger family videos on one channel in a very repetitive fashion.
Yes, thank you.

This! Please start with this info (from Cocomelon onwards) when advising kids channels on monetisation. There is hope (at the moment) if you're original.

Reactions: markkaz
Reaction score
Website
beboandbuggy.com
Channel Type
Other
So I have an educational kids show, and truth be told AdWords is not where I plan to make my money. But do you guys have any advice on how to grow a kids channel aimed at toddlers? Obviously most kids are clicking through video after video and so thumbnails and getting into suggested videos is key, what are the best methods of going about that? Also you can find my channel here if you’d like to take a look.

www.youtube.com/beboandbuggy

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Hey people!

I'm on my way to bed now; but I thought the posters to this thread might be interested in tracking the following thread, newly begun on the YouTube Support Community's Monetization board. The opening post seems to confirm the trend I've been stating here, and all of you have been trying to damn me for and deny. Now the YouTube algorithm itself may be confirming what the PE's have been saying all along. Only time will tell however, so we must keep an eye on this.