Monetized Video = Locked views?

NoChainzz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im not gonna lie, I click my videos every now and again to listen to my own commentary and check the quality of the video. Anyway, I clicked a monetized video and the view did not register or add to the count. However ,when I click a non-montized video, the view gets added. IS THIS SOME SORT OF SCAM? LOL.

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
No it's not a scam, youtube makes sure the views are legit (eg. not you watching your own videos!), also the counter only updates every like 3- 6 hours
--- merged: Apr 25, 2012 6:14 PM ---
The counter also gets frozen at 300 views!

NoChainzz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Counter dosnt always update right away, so I doubt its a "scam".
LOL, the scam statement was a little sarcasm.
--- merged: Apr 26, 2012 12:12 AM ---
No it's not a scam, youtube makes sure the views are legit (eg. not you watching your own videos!), also the counter only updates every like 3- 6 hours
--- merged: Apr 25, 2012 6:14 PM ---
The counter also gets frozen at 300 views!
I was being a little sarcastic with the scam part lol. But yeah, even when I tell a friend to view it. It does not register and it's way before 300 views

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You have to go to the 'Videos' tab (near the 'My Channel' tab) to see your most recent reviews. It isn't instant but it's a little better than what comes on the actual video. I can tell you were being sarcastic about the scam part :D

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The view count isn't in real time. I doubt it's a scam. If you view your videos from the video tab, rather than directly on the video page, you'll likely get a more accurate count, before 301 views.