monetize question

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey guys, pretty far away but from what I have read, you can monetize a channel as long as it has 1k subs and their required watch time. My watch time is pretty up there since I have high retention rate, but obviously subs still far away. This was more for fun and sometimes I use copyrighted songs some of them are rock songs. I know its pretty tough to figure out because many of us are not monitized. But never really had the intentions of getting paid for what I do..prob wont be much anyway and I am mostly doing it for my true fans around Colorado

so, I am not sure if that automatically disqualifies me since SOME of my videos are copy righted BUT I am allowed to use it since the artist allows it. I havent received any copyright strikes neither

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you're better off removing any videos that have songs that are not yours. I know it sucks but Youtube is very strict and I would hate for them to start flagging you.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the YouTube Video Monetization discussion forum. ^^

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
you can use copyright music when youtube allowed you to demontize. but in the first period, you should use youtube audio library