Monetization - Should I go with Adsense or MCN?

MrYorkiesWorld

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I posted a thread here on the forums, I've recently started making videos again on my channel, and since Creative Nation seems to no longer exist, I'm in the process of removing access on my YouTube channel so that I can go with Adsense or another MCN.

The question I have is, my content is mainly based on flight simulation videos, in which I have included some background music in a few of my videos, which lasts for around a minute or so during my cinematic scenes. The music is sought from Epidemic Sound. All of my videos contain active commentary throughout, apart from the short cinematic scenes I create.

So the thing is, as long as the background music I have is legally ok to use for my videos, can I monetize them on Adsense, and if I DO monetize through Adsense alone - what happens if a few of my videos that are currently monetized through Creative Nation are questioned by Adsense due to the music?

I have around 50 videos right now - Am I right in thinking that if more than one of these videos were questioned by Adsense at once within a short time of me going to Adsense, then this could result in my Adsense being disabled quite quickly even before I get the chance to appeal it?

Would Adsense disable monetization on my channel without first giving me the chance to remove the videos or appeal the case(s)?

I'm strongly considering moving to Adsense alone, but it's the not knowing really - is an MCN safer, or would I already have had issues before now if my videos had any content queries in the first place?

Thanks guys!
Yorkie

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I depends on what you need the MCNs for, is it just for having the security of not being strike for using music, then it depends on how many videos you will have music on.
Earnings aside, it is wiser to do adsense, as the MCNs take a huge share of the income!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I would strongly recommend you stay with adsense. For the copyright question - MCNs won't protect you from copyright strikes.

Reactions: TheSwedishTraveler

ShyJosh

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I would say MCN. With some networks you can lose 10% and they have at least some support. Google support is -2 on 0 to 10 scale.