Monetization review timeframe?

Plymouth J Cliffords

Will sub for food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I am not a full partner. Usually, my videos are approved for monetization within a few minutes. This week, I uploaded a video as "private" because I did not want to publish it until today. I figured this was why it remained "under review". Then, yesterday (about 24 hours after uploading) I got an email from YouTube titled "more information needed to consider your video monetization request". At this point, the monetization icon disappeared completely from the video. I followed the link in the email to "submit information" about the video in which I detailed the rights that I had to the content in the video (this happened to be my first video with sound effects and music - I do not know whether that is why this happened). Some time later (6-12 hours), the monetization icon returned, but still grey and "under review". I have since published the video (about four hours ago), but the monetization status has not changed. Is this normal, and if so how much time does it usually take for this to resolve itself?

Thanks
PJC

JamieKarakizi

Subscribe to me? haha
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is completely normal! - There is no set time frame unfortunately... I had to wait 2 months+ before my review was complete for one of my videos. I was in the exact same position.

Some videos are accepted instantly, some take longer than others, some need more information then take even more time once you have submitted... It's so annoying but it's the sad truth. I even had a video which was accepted and then about 3-4 months later they suddenly decided to reject it... It just a newsense :p

But hey! Good luck! :)

Plymouth J Cliffords

Will sub for food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
This is completely normal! - There is no set time frame unfortunately... I had to wait 2 months+ before my review was complete for one of my videos. I was in the exact same position.

Some videos are accepted instantly, some take longer than others, some need more information then take even more time once you have submitted... It's so annoying but it's the sad truth. I even had a video which was accepted and then about 3-4 months later they suddenly decided to reject it... It just a newsense :p

But hey! Good luck! :)
Thanks

JamieKarakizi

Subscribe to me? haha
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I decided that I'm just going to add a line to the description explaining why there are no ads and asking viewers to send me a 10 cent donation for each view. :bounce:
Hahaha! You'd probably make more money doing that than relying on the monetization payments :p