Monetization OFF or ON when it's. new channel?

CelyD87

I've Got It
What do you experienced youtubers recommend. Having monetization off or on when starting a new channel?

At the beginning your only making pennies on each video so is it worth to have it on? Or would it turn away potential subs and views because they don't want to sit through a commercial when they don't even know who you are. What do you guys think?

i wouldn't say i'm super experienced or anything, but i personally have mine off for the reason you included- it's more worth it to me for someone to see my content and potentially become interested in it and my channel, rather than the majority of potential viewers clicking away because of having to sit through a commercial and only making 5 cents a month from ads anyway. i'll usually only sit through an ad if it's a channel that i know i like.

Yeah I see your point Georgia Grace.
My other question is if you decide to turn it off, when your ready to turn it back on, do all your views add up? Or do you miss out on all of them up to the point you switch it back on?

Yeah I see your point Georgia Grace.
My other question is if you decide to turn it off, when your ready to turn it back on, do all your views add up? Or do you miss out on all of them up to the point you switch it back on?
the monetization only starts at the point of turning them back on, so unfortunately it's like starting over in that respect. but hopefully by the time you're turning them back on, you've built up a decent following through not making people sit through ads which ends up getting you enough views to make a decent profit.

Monetize all the way, you'd be surprised at how many people don't even realize publishers control the monetizing, they just think it's part of youtube.

Youtube don't make money either if you don't monetize, so why would they promote your video's if there's nothing in it for them either?

I have youtube red so I don't see any ads at all, but you still get paid when youtube red viewers watch your video even if they don't see your ads.

Your view count is not affected either way, they tick over regardless but no, you don't get back paid when you turn monetization back on because your paid for ad views, not video views

Also I can add that most YouTube users who really dont like to see ads while watching videos, they mostly either use an ad-blockers extensions in their browsers or have paid for YouTube red.

Monetize all the way, you'd be surprised at how many people don't even realize publishers control the monetizing, they just think it's part of youtube.

Youtube don't make money either if you don't monetize, so why would they promote your video's if there's nothing in it for them either?

I have youtube red so I don't see any ads at all, but you still get paid when youtube red viewers watch your video even if they don't see your ads.

Your view count is not affected either way, they tick over regardless but no, you don't get back paid when you turn monetization back on because your paid for ad views, not video views
This makes sense... I think I'm just going to leave mine on hehe. Thank you for your reply :)

Back