Monetization & imovie help please

12345mike6789

Hi there, lol
I'm Mike from California. I make yt video's about some of the things I build at home. Example, I made a vid about a shed I built, fountain I installed, the parrot's I take care of and the huge cage I built for them. My editing style has evolved from from at first taking images and creating a story line back in 2009 to actually talking in my videos 2010 and now I don't have a problem being in my video's, It just took time to get used to and feels good.
I have 400,000 vid views, over 4000 sub's & just over 120 or so vid's.
My computer filled up (last august) with memory after I got a hd camera last june so I was unable to post video's after October 2011. That month in October I bought a 27" imac for video editing, it was a lot of $$$ because I wanted to take my yt channel to the next level, problem was even though my new Sony camcorder says it's compatible with the imac it didn't support 60p so It left me unable to make video's. I gave up on the apple imac entirely in November and didnt touch it until June. In the mean time I used my lap top because they ,the geek squad, took all my memory & put it on a external hard drive, gave me 1 tb worth of memory and reset the thing back to factory settings, I surfed the web for 8 months,

Now I was about to buy another pc finally but decided to give the imac another try.
I stopped recording in 60p a month after I got the imac, So 10 days ago I put a memory chip in the imac and to my surprise my video popped up. It was a video of my bird so I edited it real quick and uploaded it to yt.
Now im back, I have 160 gb's worth of memory to go through & edit from the past 8 months so I decided to edit a few quick videos to polish up on my editing and I added imovie music, I was assured it was okay to monetize the loops. I have been in the adsense program for 2 years.
All of a sudden I can no longer just hit that green button because they have to review all my content and they email me wanting more proof so I sent them the license agreement from apple and am now getting denied for video's with and with out music.???
There is a option to send them an attachment so I can use my video's commercially but what is an attachment and does anybody know what they are looking for???
I should post this in the magnetization forum but the website wants me to introduce my self so here I am, lol, hello everybody, Im Mike............
I will post this in the other section if you guy's think that would be better. Im just stumped here.
Its the apple computer they are denying now because they accepted all the vid's I ran through from the laptop last week. but im afraid to try it again since they questioned the past 6 vid's....

Here is one that they denied that HAD music from imovie & after they denied it I edited out the music with imovie and re posted it with out music and this morning they want more proof that I own the commercial rights. I cant post a link here until I have at least 10 post's

Dear 12345mike6789,

Thanks for submitting your video(s) for monetization.
At this time, we are unable to approve your video(s) for monetization because we do not have sufficient information regarding your commercial use rights. We may consider your video(s) for review provided you verify that you are authorized to commercially use all of the elements of your content. This includes video, images, music, video game footage, and any other audio or visual element. Learn more about If you have used third party content in your video(s), please review this article with
If you can provide information confirming commercial use rights to your video(s), submit information below:
  • "Made A Rolling Garage Pantry A MUST SEE pt 1"
  • "P3 cab commercial use 3 Making The Rolling Pantry over flow garage cabinet part 3 of 3"

Please note that we may only serve ads on advertiser-friendly content. YouTube reserves the right to make the final decision whether to monetize a video, and may disable monetization for users who repeatedly submit ineligible videos. All videos are subject to and , and may be removed from the site if they do not meet those standards.
Thanks,
The YouTube Team

Monetizing videos is tough. There's a tutorial on the YTTalkTV channel about monetizing videos, and how to get a gretaer success rate. Or you could look into joining a network, which there are tons of threads about those on this site. Good luck :)

Back