Monetization Help?

pooljunkpool

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Everyone,

I just logged onto my account and found a little probem with my videos. Up to now I have currently uploaded 6 videos onto the channel, all football content (freekicks and saves). In addition I have also been approved for monetization for this account, I have been visiting my adsense account once in awhile to see my little amount of money keep growing and growing; however I just logged back into my YouTube account and had seen a previously 'in review' video in which I had been given full permissions for the background music made by a friend as well as a new free kick video (with no background music at all) being disabled entirely of monetization features. A banner still runs along the top of my videos saying "your account is enabled for monetization" and the previous videos still have monetization features enabled. So I was wondering does anyone have a theory into why the videos had been disabled for monetization; if it is because of the background music for that one video then what are the procedures I can follow to hopefully appeal their decision. Still though I am confused why my newest video with no background music has been disabled!

Any help would be great! Thanks to anyone that helps!!

monetization.PNG

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
try disputing the copyright claim that youtube 'says' you have breached. In the comment box within this get your friend to send you an email saying that you have permission to specific items and copy this into the dispute :)

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had my green block disappear before once too. I got an e-mail saying that they couldn't approve my review. There should be a dispute form in the e-mail you got. Fill it out and hope for the best. YouTube is just trying to cover their asses on this. They are really touchy with music.

pooljunkpool

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
try disputing the copyright claim that youtube 'says' you have breached. In the comment box within this get your friend to send you an email saying that you have permission to specific items and copy this into the dispute :)
Yea the email just recently came in and it talks about the copyright claim and the methods of appealing the decision, I had already asked permission with him (music producer) on Facebook, but I will quickly message him on YouTube and ask for the rights for the music and ill just screenshot that to them. Sounds like a good plan?

I had my green block disappear before once too. I got an e-mail saying that they couldn't approve my review. There should be a dispute form in the e-mail you got. Fill it out and hope for the best. YouTube is just trying to cover their asses on this. They are really touchy with music.
Yea its a little frustrating, I can understand the compilation with my friends music however its just weird how they decide to disable it for another video without any copyright music or video in it, I feel like they don't take the time to look at the videos even.

Thank You though hopefully I can get this all sorted out!

Reactions: itsameray

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
Yea the email just recently came in and it talks about the copyright claim and the methods of appealing the decision, I had already asked permission with him (music producer) on Facebook, but I will quickly message him on YouTube and ask for the rights for the music and ill just screenshot that to them. Sounds like a good plan?
It probably should be :) generally YouTube prefer to see you sending these via email (as far as I've heard) I managed to dispute 3 copyright claims on runescape videos with just a quote from an email so it should work :/

pooljunkpool

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It probably should be :) generally YouTube prefer to see you sending these via email (as far as I've heard) I managed to dispute 3 copyright claims on runescape videos with just a quote from an email so it should work :/
I pm'd you, just to clarify since it seems you understand how to properly dispute it without any bad things happening to your account.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
they are touchy with just about anything right now.. They dont want to get sued, but at the same time their monitization is quick becoming useless due to the way they are dealing with things (using a sledge hammer). Although I am pretty sure that part of it is because they have expanded so much they have like a bunch of newbies on the other end reviewing things. In any event I would say that at the moment its not worth working too hard for getting a video monetized. Even all the proof in the world they just ignore it. My last attempt to monatize I submitted tons of documentation down to proof of each individual sound/picture scene being mine. It did no good the video has not been given the monetization. Unfortunately it means to me that basically they are saying I dont own the rights to my creations which makes me VERRRY nervous. So my reaction unfortunately is to remove the stuff they outwardly refuse to recognize as mine for my own protection. Lets face it if someone steals it and I need to file an dmca takedown they already said the thing is not mine.. by refusing to monetize it.. what do I do then? I have asked them how they will deal with it since they have refused to monetize the reaction was silence.

They have opened up a can of worms they were not prepared for since refusing to monetize someones content on the basis that "its not yours" is outwardly making it okay for godigital and those other "3rd party" groups to come along and claim if as theirs. Even if its not. So do I want my content that they refuse to monetize on youtube after they tell me they wont monetize it because they dont think its mine? no .. not really... :) youtube has become a dumping ground for content that I dont want to claim rights to anything I want to hold a copyright to you know "the good stuff" i am afraid to put on youtube soo i dont.. and I have moved a lot of things onto my own server space and vimeo . /shrug