Monetization Eligibility Criteria

Reaction score
Is the criteria of monetization eligibility, 1000 subscribers AND 4,000 watch hours watch time, not very high?

The obvious ways to achieve the targets are:

(i) High frequency of publishing videos &

(ii) Longer duration of the videos.

I seek advice from the experienced YouTubers on:

(i) Any other suggestions (besides the above two) that can help meeting the criteria?

(ii) Can one achieve the two eligibility thresholds by maintaining frequency of "one video a week" & video duration of "2-3 minutes"?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes you need to at least 1000 subs and 4000 hours watch hours over the last 364 days (At time of application) just to apply
This does not guarantee monetisation of course. YT will check your content to make sure it still meets their requirements.

You could have 1 x video that allows you to meet the requirements. You could also create 1000s and still not get there.

"one video a week" & video duration of "2-3 minutes"? - Sure this is possible

Ultimately you should concentrate on quality material that you have created and upload to a schedule you decide. If its good material - people will watch and subscribe.

Reactions: tahlia

Gate of Theories

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Stick to making 1 quality video a week and results will be better than hundreds of dead videos. It takes some time to meet the criteria but its worth it. They've made it high so not everyone can be in. The old criteria was far to easy.

ASMRher

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Live streaming has helped my channel to reach monetization criteria faster than I thought. If I live stream for 1 hr and 10 ppl were watching, which means 10 hrs of watch time. A lot of youtubers don't take advantage of live streaming, maybe consider this.

hahakids

Reaction score
Live streaming has helped my channel to reach monetization criteria faster than I thought. If I live stream for 1 hr and 10 ppl were watching, which means 10 hrs of watch time. A lot of youtubers don't take advantage of live streaming, maybe consider this.
ASMRher, at what subscriber count did you start live streaming? Do you feel it would be effective when you had less subs?

ASMRher

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ASMRher, at what subscriber count did you start live streaming? Do you feel it would be effective when you had less subs?
I started live streaming when I had 100 subs, I find that the longer you stream the more ppl that will watch the stream. Some ASMR channels pre-record livestream videos and stream the pre-recorded video 24/7 on YT, I'm sure they are gaining tons of subs from that. But pre-recording is a ton of work , I don't know if they actually made 24 hrs of content to stream or just repeating a couple hrs of content.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the YouTube Video Monetization forum. :)