Monetization Disabled Out of the Blue

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
YouTube should really make that point clear. But how rubbish would YouTube gaming be without gaming livestreams?

truemoney18

Reaction score
So I've never seen something like this before. I have 0 copyright strikes and 1 community guidelines strike (from 2 months prior) and after checking my account today all of my videos are unmonetized and monetization being disabled with no email or notification from Youtube itself.

The only thing I could think of doing this was that I was having issues uploading a video before that was being globally blocked with only one scene at a time being flagged instead of listing off all of the issues so I had to re-edit, re-render, and re-upload different versions until the copyright issues were met. This was in intervals of 2 hours and didn't involve any strikes, just content ID.

Has anyone seen this before? Is this temporary? There's nothing wrong my with adsense account and I don't even see a specific place to respond/contact them about this.
welcome to the youtube heroes program i had a cool boxing channel .. build it up for 2 years had 12 k views a 300 dollars a month for no reason monetizing disabled no copyright strikes no nothing and i see many ushers complaining end of youtube man .

Anigami

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The only videos that it went to when it said I had copyright issues were videos from months ago that had content ID and moentization being claimed by the owners, I was fine with that, I don't mind, and Youtube said I didn't need to do anything else. I don't see anything wrong lol.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
The only videos that it went to when it said I had copyright issues were videos from months ago that had content ID and moentization being claimed by the owners, I was fine with that, I don't mind, and Youtube said I didn't need to do anything else. I don't see anything wrong lol.
What you just said has made me think; and the thought is not a good one.

Folks, is there any possibility that YouTube has, without telling us creators, decided to update it's algorithm so that it takes this section of the TOS extremely seriously?

"7.4 You represent and warrant that you have (and will continue to have during your use of the Service) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions which are required to enable YouTube to use your Content for the purposes of the provision of the Service by YouTube, and otherwise to use your Content in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms."

Someone who has generated a Content ID and fails to dispute same, obviously may, in the "eyes" of the algorithm not have those necessary things quoted above; and in addition, when one signs the Partner Program Agreement, one agrees not to submit for monetization, content for which the uploader doesn't posess sufficient rights.

Could the bot have finally been made so smart that it disables monetization for uploaders it considers to have violated those portions of the agreement and TOS? Remember also the program agreement states that monetization may be permanently disabled for partners who in YouTube's opinion, have repeatedly submitted inelligible media for monetization.

Reactions: Lightsen

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
are you saying content ID vids are getting re reviewed from years ago? Yikes. Mine were made years before monetisation was even a thing :/

Anigami

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well mine is now back online. No clue what happened. Welcome to Youtube.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
MINE IS TOO WTF WTF

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube just fixed a bug today that resulted in monetization being stuck as disabled. :) Glad to hear your monetization abilities are back.[DOUBLEPOST=1475735330,1475735254][/DOUBLEPOST]
welcome to the youtube heroes program i had a cool boxing channel .. build it up for 2 years had 12 k views a 300 dollars a month for no reason monetizing disabled no copyright strikes no nothing and i see many ushers complaining end of youtube man .
Any visual Content ID claims or global block Content ID claims?

PS. This has nothing to do with people flagging videos.

Nayer

Reaction score
Mines was turned back on two of my channels as well. I was freaking out over the one that had no strikes or ever had any trouble on it. I read this thread earlier and felt like it could be a major bug and I was right on that. I breathed a huge sigh of relief because I thought that the rules had changed for the worst or something and some of our other channels that weren't hit yet would be eventually so luckily that wasn't the case. The only bad thing about it is that I have remonetize most of my videos now and it's going to take a while to do it one of the ones that has 400 videos on it going through all of those individual pages.

I noticed that the new YouTube rules that were set into place back in July made things a lot less strict after you get 1 or 2 strikes or even worldwide blocks on your channel for everything to still be monetized like it was before they changed the rules late 2014.