Monetization Disabled Out of the Blue

Anigami

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I've never seen something like this before. I have 0 copyright strikes and 1 community guidelines strike (from 2 months prior) and after checking my account today all of my videos are unmonetized and monetization being disabled with no email or notification from Youtube itself.

The only thing I could think of doing this was that I was having issues uploading a video before that was being globally blocked with only one scene at a time being flagged instead of listing off all of the issues so I had to re-edit, re-render, and re-upload different versions until the copyright issues were met. This was in intervals of 2 hours and didn't involve any strikes, just content ID.

Has anyone seen this before? Is this temporary? There's nothing wrong my with adsense account and I don't even see a specific place to respond/contact them about this.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Eyy looks like we are both in the same boat here.

I have 0 community guideline and 0 copyrighted strikes but they still took away my monetization. They sent me nothing to showcase why or what to do. I've sent them a message via my creator studio and they "hopefully" will get back to me in a day or two.

If you are still having this issue i'll let you know what they say my man.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Both of you...

Go to YouTube Help in your Creator Suite and search "Monetization Troubleshooter"; also look at your monetization status in your Creator Suite Dashboard; it will be in the "Channel" section. This may give you a clue as to why your monetization has disappeared.

GrgakGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Both of you...

Go to YouTube Help in your Creator Suite and search "Monetization Troubleshooter"; also look at your monetization status in your Creator Suite Dashboard; it will be in the "Channel" section. This may give you a clue as to why your monetization has disappeared.
Already did that lmao.

Each video that has had any issues (which were my streams) have stated that nothing was wrong with them and that i'm not in trouble.

To disable monetization, fan funding, and more on my channel seems odd, since they gave no warning whatsoever to this but instead just linked me to the streams that were supposedly okay in the first place.

Like I said, I will hopefully get some sort of message back sooner or later and maybe Anigami can do the same

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Already did that lmao.

Each video that has had any issues (which were my streams) have stated that nothing was wrong with them and that i'm not in trouble.

To disable monetization, fan funding, and more on my channel seems odd, since they gave no warning whatsoever to this but instead just linked me to the streams that were supposedly okay in the first place.

Like I said, I will hopefully get some sort of message back sooner or later and maybe Anigami can do the same
What does your Monetization Status say? Does it say your channel monetization has been disabled, and if so, what reason is given?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Ok that is what I expected to see.

Did you allow your last two streams to process, and if you did, could you please check them for copyright claims? I'm betting that if you didn't allow them to save, they were tagged for copyright while you were live; but as you didn't allow them to publish as replays, you have no way to fight the strike or claim; and will have to sit in the "YouTube Penalty Box" for the next 3 months. Since I cannot see your Video Manager, I can only guess here.

GrgakGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok that is what I expected to see.

Did you allow your last two streams to process, and if you did, could you please check them for copyright claims? I'm betting that if you didn't allow them to save, they were tagged for copyright while you were live; but as you didn't allow them to publish as replays, you have no way to fight the strike or claim; and will have to sit in the "YouTube Penalty Box" for the next 3 months. Since I cannot see your Video Manager, I can only guess here.
No see the streams only got copyrighted after all the streams were over. Right around they are done processing.

Idk, it seems like a lot of people are getting this.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
No see the streams only got copyrighted after all the streams were over. Right around they are done processing.

Idk, it seems like a lot of people are getting this.
I think that may be because of the agreement which most people only scan without reading and then click "I agree" when setting up to use YouTube Live. You basically agree not to use any copyrighted media in your live stream, and though a lot of game devs have given the nod to Let's Plays when done as static videos, YouTube Live counts as a Live Broadcast.

So anyone who does a live stream of gameplay is actually livecasting copyrighted material under and against International Law, and the saved stream will count as a re-broadcast. I will add here that I am not a lawyer, so this is an educated guess.

GrgakGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that may be because of the agreement which most people only scan without reading and then click "I agree" when setting up to use YouTube Live. You basically agree not to use any copyrighted media in your live stream, and though a lot of game devs have given the nod to Let's Plays when done as static videos, YouTube Live counts as a Live Broadcast.

So anyone who does a live stream of gameplay is actually livecasting copyrighted material under International Law, and the saved stream will count as a re-broadcast. I will add here that I am not a lawyer, so this is an educated guess.
If that's the case then s**t lmao, there goes all the fan donations i've been receiving from streaming.

Let's see what they say when I get a response, hopefully it's just a bug (3 months is forever)