Monetization, based on your channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Just curious, how do they decide if your videos get monetized, is it views and subs? Or does someone review the content? The reason I'm curious is when I first joined for the longest time I'd post videos and submit them for monetization, and they would never get monetized, even after a few weeks. But lately, as of the last maybe week or so, it seems like everything I put up is monetized within a day or two. Is this coincidence? Due to my channel growing? Due to them approving of my content more? Anyone know?

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
It's a mystery to me.
Well then me too. Cause it was wierd as s**t, I've applied for Monetization every vid, every time since I began, EXCEPT the Kony video, I will not make money off of that if my life depended on it, but all my other vids I apply. Since I began youtube I've NEVER seen an ad on my youtube vids. I just went back through my channel you know how it is, to see where I'm at and all that, and video's were popping up for most the videos, I especially remember it popping up for John Bob Bill, but it was trippy, cause I think of myself as this tiny unknown channel, and I'm watching my video and then "bam" this thumbnail pops up just like the spam on the big channels, but I'm just like... "what caused this?"

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I dont even know how you monetize...lool

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I dont even know how you monetize...lool
Code I kid you not, mine monetize when I upload them, there is an option on my uploading page, it's just a box you check that says "submit for monetization" And mine is checked by default so all mine are submitted automatically, they just used to not actually get monetized for weeks on end, now they all seem to get approved pretty quickly. I'm not sure how I feel about it, it's kind of distracting when you're watching my video and a banner pops up at the bottom of the screen, and it's not like I'm big enough for it to make me money yet so I don't know.

Reactions: MegaCodeG

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I thought it was based on if you own the rights to the content and that is what determines if your videos get monetized

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I thought it was based on if you own the rights to the content and that is what determines if your videos get monetized
Well THAT might explain it. Perhaps they've been checking me out to see if I have a habit of posting copyrighted content, and maybe they're getting the hint now that I never do. I mean I don't KNOW, but it would make sense as to why they're all getting monetized so quickly.

Reactions: MegaCodeG

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
yea If you don't post copyrighted content they'll allow you to post longer videos as well. But if you do post copyrighted content you have to say that you do not own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.