LOCKED - Monetization at 10.000 views

Status
Not open for further replies.

oranges

Reaction score
I find it weird that if you start a second channel under the same account you still need to reach 10k views before monetizing the second channel. Or is there a way around that?
Hmm, didn't know that one... is it really true ? Where did you find that info?
Thanks.

stubob30

Reaction score
I think its wrong that YouTube have now said you won't get paid until you reach ten thousand plus views and add on montlization its wrong my niece is 7 I'm sorry but I'm going to say it unless you are American which YouTube is based then no chance how can u expect a girl of 7year to reach that not even sponsership will give her a chance its rong

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
Getting a 1000 views as a threshold for monetization is nothing though. If you can't get 1000 views together in a decent amount of time, there is no point for you to even monetize your content right now as you will not be earning anything from it. People always complain about this and it's just weird. It's not like you can earn 2,50 and ask Youtube for a cheque or anything. Pretty sure they don't even start doing the math until you have 1000 views. Also (and don't take this the wrong way) a 7 year old girl should not even be remotely worried about monetizing content. It should not even be in the top 40 of things on a young kids mind.

stubob30

Reaction score
I'm not saying anything about mobilization I just find it stupid that a girl has to reach 10'000 views etc she is not worried about getting paid I'm not being raciesed but most of the population of YouTube are Americans these people like lance Stewart etc don't work I do sometimes I don't even get chance to edit coz I'm so busy

DougHewsonYT

Reaction score
Getting a 1000 views as a threshold for monetization is nothing though.
It's actually 10,000 views - I had one channel hit that back in October ;)

As someone who is in that position, I can tell you its true. Each channel is it's own thing. Each channel is judged on it's own merit. My dash cam channel hit 10,000 views in October and my main channel (newer) is still under the threshold.

Justin In

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How long does it normally take to get approval?
As I have been waiting 2 months now to get my channel approved.

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
How long does it normally take to get approval?
As I have been waiting 2 months now to get my channel approved.

I'm well over a month now as well, i think youtube are currently not reviewing any channels but focusing on the whole demonetisation/ child channels scandle etc

Probably best to just forget about it and hopefully it'll come through in a few months

Reactions: Justin In

Elpixion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks.
i can verify if you make another channel under the original's account you need to reach 10k as my new channel is under my old one and i need to reach 10k views on my new one even though my old one has 10k,

JudasTom

Reaction score
Finally I sent my reqest for monetization to Youtube. It's been two weeks and a half since I sent it. And only answer I got from YT is that checking my request takes little longer than usual. How much longer is it going to continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.