LOCKED - Monetization at 10.000 views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Monetization on YouTube is not a right. It is a privilege that must be earned. The system is far more lenient now than it used to be. YouTube just wants to make sure that channels are serious about making videos before paying them and it's well within their right to do so. 10k views isn't that much.when we first started as a channel, we had amassed afew hundred thousand views before we were given the right to monetize.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
its not really a problem, you barely make any money for 10k views anyway

Reactions: Gaijillionaire

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Monetization on YouTube is not a right. It is a privilege that must be earned. The system is far more lenient now than it used to be. YouTube just wants to make sure that channels are serious about making videos before paying them and it's well within their right to do so. 10k views isn't that much.when we first started as a channel, we had amassed afew hundred thousand views before we were given the right to monetize.
It is a lot though. I've been struggling to get so many after 4 years, and I'm only at the 6k mark, despite me being serious about YouTube. Just either the algorithm or some other issue is preventing me from seeing like that in YouTube's eyes.
its not really a problem, you barely make any money for 10k views anyway
It's good for motivation though. It can show how your channel is growing; you feel proud when you get enough money from YouTube to by yourself a mini pack of haribos (10p to my total earned so far 12p). But now it's just another hurdle thrown towards smaller channels like mine. It just shows how much of a failure my channel is for no clear reason. I've heard people say:
"I don't know why but you should've had way more views by now."
"How can you be doing it for 4 years if you haven't got at least 1k subs after so long."
"Wait you only get 3 comments a month? You just lost me now, best of luck though."

It may be that the algorithm hates me and this just shows further how little YouTube cares.

As if recently releasing a video that broke my channel's record for least views in one day (1) wasn't frustrating enough, now we have things like this, just constantly reminding me of how badly my channel is doing.

RayKing45

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I had this displayed on my dashboard today:

Seriously YouTube? I only have 6,000 views after 4 years of hard work, and now you throw this hurdle at me?

Are you too affected my this? Any thoughts or strategies to get past this?
Yes, I just saw this too, and they're trying to eliminate the little guys/channels and make them a non-issue to pay. THEY MUST BE KIDDING ME!!! I am so annoyed right now. Way to capitalize using Capitalism, friggin YouTube. So sick of these social media platforms doing whatever they want whenever they want. SMFH

BamaGuyRTR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't see anything wrong with this small restriction. If you really are serious about trying to make money off your channel then you'll be motivated to upload regularly, properly tag, advertise and respond to comments on your channel. The question is how bad do you want it? When you think about it, 10k lifetime views is nothing.

RayKing45

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't see anything wrong with this small restriction. If you really are serious about trying to make money off your channel then you'll be motivated to upload regularly, properly tag, advertise and respond to comments on your channel. The question is how bad do you want it? When you think about it, 10k lifetime views is nothing.
DISAGREE! Some of us have lives, don't appeal to a huge audience, are jilted by many things, and don't have time to make videos all the time (nor market them). It depends on too many things, too many variables, and I do not agree with this point of view or judgmental type of opinion. I am serious as a heart-attack, so my content has nothing to do with "seriousness" of character, and most definitely taxing of my time so these monopolies can do what they want, when they want. I came from a time when this was NOT acceptable business behavior. So, again, I DISAGREE!!!!!! I can't stand privileged type of analysis like this, or off-handed comments. UGH

Last edited:

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I thought it was only for new channels? I think it needs to be earned too and 10k isn’t much money and can be done in 1 video but even if it takes a few isn’t hard if your videos videos are good

Status
Not open for further replies.