Monetised by copyright owner/Copyright issue?

Drewbles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay so i used a song from dig cc mixter on two of my videos, only one so far has got this copyright issue.

I haven't monetized either of these videos but was planning on soon as i get a few things sorted.

According to the site, the song is free to use for any purpose as long as you mention that in the description.

Have i done my description wrong or something?

I've barely even begun with this and keep facing problems all the time, only noticed it as i was looking at redesigning my thumbnails.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The real question is "who" claimed it.

There's plenty of cases where a fake account will try to claim and monetize content they don't own to try and make a profit off it, it's harder with YT's new policy, but idiots never quit as they say.

Drewbles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The real question is "who" claimed it.

There's plenty of cases where a fake account will try to claim and monetize content they don't own to try and make a profit off it, it's harder with YT's new policy, but idiots never quit as they say.
What can i do about it?

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What can i do about it?
Take a screenshot of who claimed it; post here. If it isn't related whatsoever to the people that do dig.cc , counterclaim it say you have full rights and that it's a creative commons track completely fair use content that doesn't belong to the claimant. If it is someone from dig.cc contact them on their site or twitter, probably some sort of error. Again it just depends on the "who" that claimed it.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For all effects and purposes from what I can see that's a false claim probably with intent to try and steal profit. Both the remix of the song and the original creator's versions are under creative commons going by the song they "matched" as their own. So you have a complete and infallible right to counter claim it.

Drewbles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For all effects and purposes from what I can see that's a false claim probably with intent to try and steal profit. Both the remix of the song and the original creator's versions are under creative commons going by the song they "matched" as their own. So you have a complete and infallible right to counter claim it.

Which option should i go for when disputing.

I have a licence or permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.

My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.

The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.

guessing its one of those 3

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Which option should i go for when disputing.

I have a licence or permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.

My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.

The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.

guessing its one of those 3
It would be option 1 under creative commons 3.0 license, fairly certain.
I know it ain't 3, since public domain is fully non-copyrighted with no need of a creative commons license.
and 2 sounds like you're admitting the content belongs to the claimant but it's fair use. So to me 1 seems the most accurate of the issue.

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I've had this problem on a few of my videos, where I have used a Creative commons song and it gets claimed. Im new to this and don't quite understand it yet. Trying to figure it out. I do monetize.