Monetisation confusion, please help!

TheInFootball

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just made an account on these forums because of my confusion as to why my videos are getting rejected for monetisation. I received an email from youtube a couple weeks ago saying that i can monetise my videos so when ever I upload a video I click to monetise it. There used to be a little info box where you write about your video when you monetise it but it appears that is dissappeared in the new layout. Because I couldn't find it I just clicked monetise and waited to see if it was accepted but it wasn't. I can see literally no reason why it wasn't accepted. The music I use in it is copyright free and made by 'EoinOBroinMusic' a few of you might know him, and the video itself is just footage of my friend with some writing I have added using sony vegas. Here is a link to the video:

If anyone knows why it was rejected that would be much apprieciated, or where the monetise info box has gone!

Thanks,

Jack.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've moved this to the monetisation forum for you, unfortunately I have no clue as to why if the music is fine for you to use, there's nothing that stands out in the video itself. I know this might sound a bit daft asking but do you have an Adsense account too? I know on our YTtalkTV channel I got offered to monetise the videos but there's no Adsense tied to the account and it was allowing me to turn on monetisation in the video manager so I was really wondering how they were going to be paying me. Sorry I cant help, hopefully others will chime in here and have more of an idea of what's going on there, good luck getting it sorted out.

TheInFootball

Reaction score
I've moved this to the monetisation forum for you, unfortunately I have no clue as to why if the music is fine for you to use, there's nothing that stands out in the video itself. I know this might sound a bit daft asking but do you have an Adsense account too? I know on our YTtalkTV channel I got offered to monetise the videos but there's no Adsense tied to the account and it was allowing me to turn on monetisation in the video manager so I was really wondering how they were going to be paying me. Sorry I cant help, hopefully others will chime in here and have more of an idea of what's going on there, good luck getting it sorted out.
Thanks man, Yea I have got an adsense account it was pretty confusing at first but I definately got it set up. You don't have any idea where the info box is where you describe your video for monetisation is do you?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When editing a video you click the monetisation tab and then check the box to enable it then click Got It, further than that I am unsure because it seems to only show the ad type options now, they could have done away with the info box, I honestly aint fully sure.

GuerrillaDayProject

Guerrilla Day Players
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
There is a general advertisement settings option in the channel settings. You can chose which advertising you allow. Once enabled go to the Video Manger and click the box under the US dollar sign. We've opted to turn off all advertising on our channel until we have videos averaging greater than 100,000 views only because we've heard so many horror stories of original content producers steam rolled by corporations through AdSense's quickdraw ban policies.