Mobile phone views have gone through the roof lately

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

I have had a huge (and apparently sustained) upswing in mobile phone views since June this year.

The tablet/mobile view counts have been steadily closing in on PC views for a very long time, but the current situation has me wondering how other channels are finding this situation in their stats.

Mobiles now double PC views on my channel, which is quite amazing considering history. It's obvious that the viewing audience is more mobile/wireless orientated these days (as expected), but the upswing has really rocketed since June.

Anyone else noticed this ?

Cheers Rob

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi all,

I have had a huge (and apparently sustained) upswing in mobile phone views since June this year.

The tablet/mobile view counts have been steadily closing in on PC views for a very long time, but the current situation has me wondering how other channels are finding this situation in their stats.

Mobiles now double PC views on my channel, which is quite amazing considering history. It's obvious that the viewing audience is more mobile/wireless orientated these days (as expected), but the upswing has really rocketed since June.

Anyone else noticed this ?

Cheers Rob

Interesting. Check out this thread : http://yttalk.com/threads/view-surge-from-algorithm-but-almost-entirely-on-android-any-idea-why.291509/

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The situation is quite different to the normal growth/movement you expect though time.

I wondered afterwards if it may be subject related as I have put up some videos on a specific item that have got much higher than normal views during that very predominant growth period.

So I did some more investigation and found that the bulk of the viewers for that subject were from India, which has a huge mobile phone net usage/proportion.

So that may be the answer - the huge volume of mobile phone viewers in India is skewing the device graphs at present. If that's the case, then I would expect to see a return to previous plots/relationships as different subjects come on stream.

Interesting effect.

Cheers Rob