MMO Anthropology Interviews Magicman Editor-in-Chief of MMOBomb.com

ThePrinceofMillAve

The Dark Heart of My Little Pwny

Interview with Magicman from MMOBomb.com about his experience playing MMO games. Check it out, he belongs to one of the premier up-and-coming review sites and as a result, he's an avid MMO gamer and has a lot of stories to speak about.

:)[DOUBLEPOST=1343334117][/DOUBLEPOST]Ugh, that weird hiccup in the sound at the beginning is brutal this time. I think I discovered that if I render it to MP4 instead of WMV, YouTube doesn't do that (the hiccup is not in the original footage.)

Anyway. People who follow me and talk to me here on YTTalk, come to the interview and give me some love! :)

Just got done listening to the whole thing and it was really interesting :) I subbed/liked the video.

You make Aion look kinda cool in this video but I played it on launch and it wasn't really my cup of tea, felt a bit grindy imo. Tried it when it went F2P as well but since I live in the EU we have all those gay restrictions like your guest mentioned, which really sucks since I don't feel like paying for anything, but oh well, maybe they'll change their mind if the American model is successful, then I'll give it another go :)

I personally haven't played any Aion Online -- in fact, I installed the game just for that interview. I let my interviwees choose the environment/virtual world they want to do the shoot in. It's been giving me a lot more range to understand the culture and what's out there.

Btw, if you play MMO games and would like to come on and interview, the mic invitation is open. The ending of the video has the pitch. :)

Thanks for the like/sub and there'll be more interviews weekly as well as intermittent other content from the MMO culture and community study that I'm doing.

Ohh ok that makes sense, it's an intriguing project and I wish you the best of luck with it. It's certainly very unique.

Yeah I noticed that pitch at the end, didn't know if you'd be interested in doing an interview in RuneScape though. I'd be happy to help contribute towards your project if you want though :) Not entirely sure how to send private messages on this site yet but send me a message if you'd like to get me on for a video.

Dude we do similar stuff lets do an interviewer interviews interviewer! haha
Sure, if you want me to "call into" your show sometime and talk about gaming culture/community I'd be more than happy. Heh, I'm not quite done looking at your videos to see what you're looking into -- although I did notice you seem to be from Canada. I visit PEI time-to-time.[DOUBLEPOST=1343342029][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ohh ok that makes sense, it's an intriguing project and I wish you the best of luck with it. It's certainly very unique.

Yeah I noticed that pitch at the end, didn't know if you'd be interested in doing an interview in RuneScape though. I'd be happy to help contribute towards your project if you want though :) Not entirely sure how to send private messages on this site yet but send me a message if you'd like to get me on for a video.
I'll send you a PM on YouTube in an hour or so once I've escaped from needing to do work.

Back